TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys anyone in the Gold coast Brissy area installed one of these??? :O

I am retard :coocoo and don't want to attemp it myself and am calling our for anyone that would be keen to do it while I watch and I will throw $$ or Beer etc your way.

Any help would be great!

Cheers

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Beer and $$? That might be worth the trip. Toss in pizza too?

Nah, I don't want no nasty Aussie pizza. :)

Seriously though, it's so easy. The hardest part is cutting the cable housing and if you go buy the pipe cutter from your local hardware store even that is super easy. Post up your progress if you get stuck somewhere and we'll be more than happy to help out. I've got pictures somewhere and rifleman has some and I'm sure others do too. It's a super easy install.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
:stupid bring it down to Melbourne and i will do it for ya :)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I think i have seen a thread with pictures on how this is done step by step.
I havnt put mine in yet so i cant really help you on the do's and don'ts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I've had one for nearly a year and haven't installed it yet. Got as far as going out and buying a small pipe cutter then decided to go for a ride instead. :laugh

Let me know how you go I've been holding off doing mine for the same reason.

·
14,150 Posts
Once you install it and see how easy it was and how sweet it is you will feel like such a total retard to sit on it for a whole year! :thumbup

·
14,150 Posts
Lift tank, disconnect cables from beneith tank, take the two screws out of the throttle assy, cut the piece, snap on the adapter, put back together, remove slack from cables per manual, ride, wheelie, grin.

It's that easy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gixxerjasen said:
Lift tank, disconnect cables from beneith tank, take the two screws out of the throttle assy, cut the piece, snap on the adapter, put back together, remove slack from cables per manual, ride, wheelie, grin.

It's that easy.

Sounds soooo simple even my mum could do it!

I am going to have a crack at it.....

Whats the worst that can happen :O :laugh

·
14,150 Posts
btw, I managed to really accomplish all but the second to last step I listed. Never really got that down.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wheelies? what are wheelies? :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
52 Posts
:thumbup 15 minutes, didn't need to lift the tank, found enough slack up the top,
already had a pipe cutter, just make sure you cut tube in 2 small sections as it makes it easier to remove offcut.
most noticable mod ive done

1 - 13 of 13 Posts