TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to the Ridesmart trackday and watched Tye get faster. I also rode a couple of sessions on the Tuono on the little track. I had a blast, it was 106°F so even a fat guy would sweat. I also met mystahagy and got a picture of his bike.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Very cool. I was busy moving furnature. Your day sounds like much more fun.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sounds great:thumbup

·
Registered
245 Posts
The track day was hot but fun. My bike did great except for the FI light coming on and getting the bike up to 241 degrees. Doug and Misfire were great pit bitches(filling up my bike and cooling it down after it got hot). Here is a pic from the track day...notice the duck tape! Dropped the bike on the trailer while loading it.:banghead Eventually it will become my track only bike. I signed up for Ty Howards race school and he has ALOT of great advice. I ended up getting my "3 seconds" and beat Dougs alltime track record. WooHoo! I might be able to make the ECR trackday on Sunday????

http://www.hart-photography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewImage=494633

·
Registered
790 Posts
Was great meeting you too Doug, I had a blast! It was only my second trackday, but I definitely got what I wanted out of it. I felt more confident, in control, and I know I was getting quicker. It's true how you "go slow to go fast". My first trackday two years ago I was just too excited to be out there and didn't get all I could out of it. ...Just got back in from the 7 hour drive home, sure is nice to be back near the seabreeze. :pirate

Also if there's a suspension guru at a trackday near you, I encourage you trackday noobs like me to spend the 20 or 30 bucks to have him look at your bike. He'll bounce it a few times, take a couple measurements, adjust a couple things, and you'll go out on a different bike. My sag was correct, but he made very small adjustments on my front rebound damping and it made a big difference. The confidence it adds is priceless.

·
14,150 Posts
I signed up for Ty Howards race school and he has ALOT of great advice. I ended up getting my "3 seconds" and beat Dougs alltime track record.
Well that settles it...I don't want to ride with you anymore! :laugh

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jasen, harden the **** up, we might still block pass him, and hold him up. :lol

·
14,150 Posts
See your other thread!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts