TLZone Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard at phillip island that bills motorcycle's is having a ride/training day sunday week has anyone here gone to one of these ? are they over crowded ? etc etc any feed back would be appreciated is anyone here going ?

·
Registered
604 Posts
no

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I'd love to go, but I crashed the GSXR on Saturday at Mallala :D She's going to need a bit of work. :bawling

I'd gotten myself organised to give the race day a go on the Sunday (following day) and try out my luck. Too bad I didn't make it past the practice day. :laugh Busted engine cover, bent clip on, broken levers etc, rash everywhere, oil everywhere. All damage on the right hand side. :bawling

Started pulling wheelies out of some turns and backing it in into the hairpins. :banana Doing my best McCoy impersonation at the time when the rear stepped out a little to far to save. :laugh

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Haven't done a Bills day myself but I heard Bills keep numbers limited to 60: 20 fast; 20 medium; and 20 slow. They charge a bit more too, than your usual ride day/practice day prices.

:thumbup

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Ruby for that info i went into bills today they pretty much confirmed what you have written , sorry to hear about your bike how are you ?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I'd love to go, but I crashed the GSXR on Saturday at Mallala :D She's going to need a bit of work. :bawling

I'd gotten myself organised to give the race day a go on the Sunday (following day) and try out my luck. Too bad I didn't make it past the practice day. :laugh Busted engine cover, bent clip on, broken levers etc, rash everywhere, oil everywhere. All damage on the right hand side. :bawling

Started pulling wheelies out of some turns and backing it in into the hairpins. :banana Doing my best McCoy impersonation at the time when the rear stepped out a little to far to save. :laugh

STONIE, you owe me $50 :lol:lol

·
Registered
604 Posts
lol dammit i had my money on him breakin the lap record

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ruby as you are a well seasoned mallala circuit racer let me know next time you are heading out as i would like to follow you around & learn a little from you if you dont mind, so whats this breakin the lap record stuff hell you better ride around in first gear for me

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
No lap records for me. The only record I seem to be achieving is the record for crashing at each turn. :laugh Turn 2, 3 and now 5 :laugh Not to mention some unglorified off-road exits at turn 7. No way I'd like to come off at turn 4 (the kink) or turn 6. You come off there, you're going to hospital :eek:mg

With a 1:23 at best, I'm a long way off any lap record, but fast enough to have fun in the faster group. :devious ... until I fall off :laugh Feel free to join me next time I'm out (maybe January next year at this stage) and I'll show you my lines and you can make up your mind from there.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
thanks Ruby for that info i went into bills today they pretty much confirmed what you have written , sorry to hear about your bike how are you ?
Oh, and I faired up well. No bumps or scratches ... the Alpinestars leathers work a treat :thumbup Too bad they're looking a little worse for wear :laugh

The fairings haven't been pulled off the GSXR yet. I guess I'm in denial. I'll get around to it tonight and assess what I've damaged.

:rolleyes

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good to hear your ok , thanks for the invite to follow you around the track to learn the correct lines, seeya sometime in january if not before

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Damage to the GSXR is minimal. I got a hole punched in the starter motor cover on the stator cover (alternator cover). Thats where the oil came from, so its no big leak. $20 for another cover and its fixed. I'm purchasing new levers this week. I'm also replacing the alloy tubing for the RHS clipon this weekend.

Crash knobs are now on ... guess what? They arrived on the Monday 2 days after the crash :laugh Race glass is a bit rashed, but I'm leaving it like that for some race creed :laugh

PCIIIr is hooked up and GSXR has been remapped :devious Braided lines and EBC HH pads are coming. Still waiting for my fuggin steering damper :rant (I'll return yours shortly Steve)

The bike will be ready for the Dec 16th track day at Mallala. But I gotta make sure I'm not doing anything around then (wedding anniversary around that time :banghead)

·
Registered
604 Posts
wedding aniversary !!!!!! what better date could there be???? take her to mallala for a ride day to watch you ride and time your laps

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Yeah! :idea Great idea. I feel like dying :laugh

Anniversary is on the 12th. So we're either going away during the Toy Run or on the track day weekend. I couldn't care less about the Toy Run ... so the track day should be fine :devious

1 - 15 of 15 Posts