TLZone Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SA Police can now hit you with a hefty fine for having a 'for sale' sign on your vehicle. :eek:mg

This is revenue raising gone mad. :coocoo Even if your car is parked up your driveway, you can be hit with a fine. But they allow the sign whilst your car is moving. :dowhat

They're excuse for this bullshit form of revenue raising is for "safety" :dowhat It distracts other road users from concentrating on the roads. Well in that case, why don't we remove all badging on all cars, remove all signs on or near motorways, remove signs from any shopfronts etc etc etc.

Its too hard to single out the mobile phone users, so lets pick on something a bit more visible! Its all too hard to do the work to raise revenue, I guess.

Can they get any worse? :puke

:coocoo

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't see any distractions on the side of the road because I'm always looking at my speedo to ensure im not going over the speed limit.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
... but then you'll miss out on that car for sale on the side of the road.

You'll also miss out on a nice trip to the hospital. :jack

God bless the police looking out for our safety. :jack

·
Registered
802 Posts
Sounds like you have sum of the same nuf nuf’s in SA as VIC.
Sum turkey goes to court and clams the accident was caused by a for sale Signe
,Etc , etc ,etc then the legislators try to protect there libel little buts
and ban it or put a signe up warning us about it

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its just plain revenue raising! Especially when the cops are going out of their way to pin people just trying to sell their cars. :coocoo

Cops drove up our street today and booked a neighbour. Just left the expiation notice in his letter box. :coocoo

·
Registered
802 Posts
End of month
Must be running below quota
It’s a bit sad that the pore old copers hafto resort to this type of crap
So that they can keep there numbers up and not get reprimanded

·
Registered
52 Posts
its been illegal to park a car on the side of a road/parkland/nature strip with a forsale sign in vic for a few years now
dont know of anyone having been done for it tho

·
Registered
220 Posts
What about those cars with the flashing lights and "POLICE" stamped on the doors and bonnets. I find them to be the most distracting.
And those them there Ambulances too!

Where do they draw the line?

·
Premium Member
7,288 Posts
i didnt hear about this one. biggist load of bollocks ive ever heard government wankers.

but i did hear you could sell X amount of veichles private but after that if your caught your in the shit. i think it 3 cars a year not sure on it.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
mickyinaus said:
its been illegal to park a car on the side of a road/parkland/nature strip with a forsale sign in vic for a few years now
dont know of anyone having been done for it tho
Well i got done last trying to sell my Navara out on my front lawn.:rant
The council drove past on the first day it was there and pinged me $220.
I had never heard about the fine so i went down the council offices and got into them.
after about 3 hours of beening stuffed around they finally decided to let me off.
Took a fair bit of convincing though bastards

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
veetwo tls said:
i didnt hear about this one. biggist load of bollocks ive ever heard government wankers.

but i did hear you could sell X amount of veichles private but after that if your caught your in the shit. i think it 3 cars a year not sure on it.
There's a wanker in my neighbourhood who I'd love to dob in :devious

He's trying to sell a new vehicle each week. I guess he owns a car yard. Drives one of them home each week for sale. Annoying really.

:laugh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.