TLZone Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to start off my cpu crashed so I cant look at my manual my 99 tlr has been having problems since I put in new motor set tps synced tb's bit had a digital manometer so it was hard to read bc it jumps around quit a bit I got random backfiring in intake. I was wondering which lines from the fuel pump are supply and return bc I can take the hose off with the white two prong clip out turn om the fuel pump and it sprays but if I takr off the other line that leaks out,the tank which I presume is return and tun on pump I gey nothing from that line while cranking or just primed. Is this normal?

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
the big line is the supply tin and is "dry break"

it has a valve in it.

the line back from the injectors is the return.

the other is a water drain from the filler cap

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay so with,supply line hooked up return line unhooked should I get fuel coming out of that line because I have none at all during prime or cranking.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
yes

but it may not if the pump is producing less than 40psi pressure.

crack the banjo loose at the injector rail and prime the pump .

fuel should leak around joint ( put rag around it to catch it )

if it does then its a regulator or pump pressure prob.

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,342 Posts
Actually, you are looking for the "banjo" bolt that attaches the pressurized fuel line to the injector rail. If you loosen it and fuel under pressure comes out, you can be fairly certain the pump and filter are in good order. However, pump failures (as in weak, low pressure) are more common than pressure regulator failures.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok sorry took so long works been crazy loosened the banjo bolt and only a svery small amount of fuel is coming out def. Not 45 psi imo so pump failure? Im going to pull the pump now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So pulled the pump every thing looks good as far as hoses etc. any ideas on how I can test psi on the pump itself? Can I use water?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so I made a contraption up and the pump itself is pumping about 55 psi is this normal should it be higher?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Ok so I made a contraption up and the pump itself is pumping about 55 psi is this normal should it be higher?

If your "contraption" does not make use of the pressure regulator, the pump's psi should be closer to 90 psi.

The regulator holds the injector pressure at 41 psi above the intake manifold pressure.

Are you measuring the pressure straight out of the pump, or through the filter too?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is directly from the pump next question is a good place to get a pump from? For a reasonable price.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
...(where) is a good place to get a pump from? For a reasonable price.
http://www.rockauto.com/

The Bosch 69131 kit is one I have used before. Besides the Suzuki Swift, another application that will bring up quite a few options is the "1999 Mazda 626." There the Bosch is listed along with many other makes - some less $$, some more $$.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok so I installed the pump got fuel coming out of return line and its running better. Now my bike is doing something strange though it cranks and runs at 1200 but when I run it down the road and come to a stop light its like its in a high idle because it stays at 2200ish rpm. I can let out the clutch some sometimes to make it go to 1200 plus on top of tgat the bike stumbles any ideas? Intakes are secured tightly that was my first thought to me seems like a tps or ecu

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Ok so I installed the pump got fuel coming out of return line and its running better. Now my bike is doing something strange though it cranks and runs at 1200 but when I run it down the road and come to a stop light its like its in a high idle because it stays at 2200ish rpm. ...plus on top of that the bike stumbles any ideas? Intakes are secured tightly that was my first thought to me seems like a tps or ecu
Now that the injectors are getting the proper regulated presssure, you'll need to check/reset the TB vacuum balance. Then recheck TPS. And make sure the other vacuum hoses are properly capped or conneceted.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts