TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take my bikes off the road for the winter after a few snow flurries last night, so going to do a complete overall on all 3 of my TLR including sorting out the wiring and making it look like factory wiring with OEM colour code wire and plastic looms, having just retired in July I will have ample time over the winter to do this, to keep me sane occupying my time during the days while the girlfriend is away at work and school.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Retired?How old are you?
Its nice to have some time to work on the bike!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have any major issues with any of the bikes I just wanted to make them efficient and tidy, plus clean some of the grime from over the years.

Yes. I am 52. I was contemplating it for the past 2 years so decided to do it this past summer, both my kids are fully grown and living on their own with successful careers and I am financial secure. If I kept working I would only be working for the government to take tax from me, so I might as well retire and use my time to enjoy the rest of my life.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
All power to you Pat . It's be great to be in that position ,sadly it aint gonna happen any time soon here .

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today was a very productive day, I finish the rewiring of the 2nd TLR and the replacement swap out of the front forks and brakes from a 2006 GSXR1000. So tomorrow going to attempt to clear a path to the shed to get my 3rd TLR so I can start the rewiring of that one. Can't wait for the winter to be over so I can test out the suspensions and brakes.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Usually 1000 k5/6 forks have bronze legs and black coating instead of chrome? But these look more OEM, looks nice!
even the top adjusters look TLR,could this be TLR forks with radial bottoms?
and that wouldnt be bad thing!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I purchase them from a good friend, the forks was label as a 06 GSXR1000 forks, I have also seen the same fork on a friend GSXR1000 race bike last summer, So I don't know if they are different here in Canada to Europe, I didn't take them off the bike myself so only can tell what was written on them. The front fender are OEM TLR fender that I mock up to fit the forks, didn't want to purchase a GSXR faring when I could make my fender fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts