TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going folks?
Just wondering if anyone here would know how to restrict a 05 GSXR 1000? Here in Ireland we have to have a full licence for 2 years before we can drive legally drive a full power bike, and someone I know is in a spot of bother (any guesses why?!?) and needs to restrict his gixxer fairly soon.

Thanks,
Dave.

·
Registered
601 Posts
how much does it have to be restricted to? 100hp?

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Limit the air intake (airbox etc)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It actually has to be restricted to 33bhp! Crazy motoring laws here!!!

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Christ, good luck getting 150hp bike down to 33:dowhat

·
Registered
871 Posts
wow that is crazy maybe you can restrict the throtle some how? But the gearing sounds like a good idea !

·
Registered
967 Posts
just get a Rev Limiter and cut it around the RPM that has 33HP... well... that is kinda low.. so it may not work...

But those Rev Limiters work pretty well....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just wondering, can you buy a restricted ecu from Suzuki? I know you can buy restricted versions of all the Suzuki models...

·
Registered
601 Posts
pull three of the injector plugs and spark plugs. Thats the only way to get it that low.

Pinhole sized muffler exit?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Why not put it in storage for 2 years and take the money your willing to spend on a new ECU and put it towards a smaller used bike you don't have to mess with. :O
A 33hp Gixxer 1000 is utterly pointless, and I doubt it can be done.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Put 250 stickers on it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
BouncerTLR said:
Why not put it in storage for 2 years and take the money your willing to spend on a new ECU and put it towards a smaller used bike you don't have to mess with. :O
A 33hp Gixxer 1000 is utterly pointless, and I doubt it can be done.
:stupid

·
Registered
871 Posts
move somewhere else?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Steve TLS said:
Put 250 stickers on it.
:laugh :laugh :laugh actually theres a guy i see round my neighbourhood from time to time that has an 02 GSXR750 with 250 stickers on it. even had me fooled for a few seconds! anyone that isnt too bike savvy wouldnt know the difference....

i reckon a throttle stopper could do it, or a rev limiter, but highway overtakes could be frustrating when it cuts in.

Smartest idea would be storing it for two years, like said above, go get a cheap 250 to hoot around on for a while, he'd probably SAVE money :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Steve TLS said:
Put 250 stickers on it.
that's what we did for our boat motor, there's a 10hp limit and the boat came with a 15hp.

·
Registered
871 Posts
just ride in first gear all the time!:laugh :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
ninforus said:
just ride in first gear all the time!:laugh :laugh :laugh
Hmmm. The 01' GSXR1000 that I have does an indicated 82 mph in 1st gear! It will lift the front wheel very easily above 6,000 RPM in first gear so I'm not quite sure that one will work that well. Given the highest speed limit in California is 70 mph I guess I should just yank out all those other gears & save some extra weight! Maybe with the weight savings it will go up to 83 mph in that gear?

:laugh

33 BHP on a litre bike? Sure dude. I say pull the engine & put a high mileage 250 4-stoke engine in the GSXR chassis & get Jim @ Fabritech to make up a set of appropriate stickers for the bike. How about "Castrated & Disemboweled" or "Gsxr"
:puke

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the replies folks! He had a bit of a run in with the cops, and even though he has a full licience, he hasnt had it for 2 years, therefore he's not legally insured or licenced! If he can get it resticted before they test it he's sorted. I know it's definatly not the right thing to do and he should really face the consequences of his actions, but he's my brother and he's shitting himself...

Oh yeah, you can buy 33 bhp GSXR 1000's over here! Wheres the point in that!?!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts