TLZone Forums banner

Renntec Grab Rail

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  TLR-Matt 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experiance with renntec grab-rails for a TLR?
Grab Rail

Pillion wants something a little more secure than "the tiny leather strap".

Ta.

#2 ·
Something like this is nice, though it looks like these guys are going out of business. I have a similar item (no ID on it though and I can't remember who made it :banghead) and everyone that rides with me says they prefer it to anything they've ever used.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Thanks Chris, but I think the fuel tank handles are going to be too far forward for my pillion.
It's got to work for touring.
I'm aiming to do 250 miles in a charity ride for Macmillan Cancer Support in about 6 weeks and for the 1000 mile trip to the nurburgring a few weeks after that.

So the renntec rail was a solid option or perhaps the love handles.
But wanted views/experience with them for comparason.

#6 ·
imo the love handles are probably the best bet, it's a pillions natural reaction to hold on to the rider anyway. Those handles do they slide forward at all? My girl used to hold on to me around my waist when we rode together and I think ideally have her hands around the pockets area of my leathers.

#7 ·
The Love Handles look close to what I have. Both of my kids much prefer them to anything else we've used. They also seem more relaxed when using them.

#9 ·
leave yer trouser pockets undone and tell her to stick 'er hands in yer pockets.......:thumbup

#10 ·
Those love handles work well mate, wife used to feel really safe using them but then that was before i got the TL:laugh and has not been a pillion since our son came along

#17 ·
Can you weld? If so, I have a spare Renntec grab rail with rack, but it has a broken tab but is otherwise in fine order. You are welcome to it for the price of postage as I have another one powder coated in white for my TLR and this one just sits there, looking at me...:devious

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.