TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard about some petrol stations requiring you to remove your helmet before they'll allow you to fuel.

I had never experianced it and would refuse to do it. i'd just go to another station.

I filled up and went to pay, and for the first time ever I was told
"Next time, can you remove your helmet?"

Anyone else had this issue?

It was at the Texaco station in Corby.
I was only using it because the one I usually use on the way home was closed for re-fuelling.
So out of principle I won't be going there again.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
It's pretty standard over here to have to remove your hemet when entering a service station,bank and most shops.The people behind the counter are gun shy from the armed hold-ups.
Not before you fuel,before you enter the point of sale.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never had that either at fuel stations.

Shops and banks I remove as I'm inside, and generally stopping for a length of time.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
one night i fueled up and walked into the servo. gave the guy $50 for $10 fuel. he refused to give me my change till I took off my helmet . i asked for my change. he locked the main door!!!!!!!!!!!!. i took off my helmet. he looked at me , i asked for my change , he still looked at me . I asked him again , he looked at me . I thought this guy is a F'wit , he 's locked himself in a shop with a biker and he's escelating my anger. eventually he paid me and I walked to the door. then he basically refused to open the door. I was getting pretty steamed by now. so I explained the stupidity of locking himself in a small space with someone rapidly losing his temper. he unlocked the door.
Imagine if I had lost it, what a tosser.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I've never had such issues in the states, heck I don't even get off the bike:laugh

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Some places just want to capture your mug on video -just in case.

·
Registered
418 Posts
kinda makes you feel sorry for the ugly bikers forced to reveal themselves:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
It's pretty standard over here to have to remove your hemet when entering a service station,bank and most shops.The people behind the counter are gun shy from the armed hold-ups.
Not before you fuel,before you enter the point of sale.
:stupid

A lot of them have 'remove you helmet' stickers at the entrance.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I've seen those at a few stations here in the UK.

But most of the ones I've seen say "Please remove...."
As it's a request... No, I will not.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
They're be polite, no need to be rude, just find another servo ;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, I don't mean to sound aggro over it.

They did ask that next time if I could, but I just won't go there again.
Never had trouble before.

·
Registered
769 Posts
It's quite a standard thing here in sleepy south west, tend to do it without thinking about it,

Only so the the masses can see who the handsome devil riding a beautiful near classic Tls is :laugh:laugh

·
Premium Member
6,905 Posts
some places are paranoid over this issue but I have not experienced it for a while now so things around here are easing off.

Last time I experienced this was at a local petrol station that is a mini mart as well and the security guard asked me to remove my helmet I said no and joined the queue to pay. He just stood there looking at me unsure what to do. I paid and walked out making sure I said goodbye to him. He still just stood there looking at me unable to decide what to do.

I then made a point of returning there to fill up after my return home and the same security bloke was there by the door. I said hello as I wandered in and he never said a word.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Tesco in Huddersfield seem keen on helmet removal, if you can sneak in and they start the pump going before they clock you, your ok but otherwise it’s a no go.
They always then ask you to remove it at the paying stage but a polite no thank you and that’s the end of it.
I hate to use the bloody place but its so handy & cheap

Just wondering when one of our Muslim sisters toddles in with a burger, burper or burkha, over her head if owts said:dunno

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
To be fair, i'd probably take my lid off if going into the store, but I certainly don't take it off to get gas (always pay at the pump).

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
always take my lid off even before i fill up. its just polite and fair. there is a lot of scared petrol attendants out there and with good reason.

i always thought it was the law here?

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I've had this discussion with attendants a few times .You have to take your helmet off but it's ok to wear a cap hoody and shades ,Burkha ,be done up like a ****ing clown if you so please .:coocoo

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
always take my lid off even before i fill up. its just polite and fair. there is a lot of scared petrol attendants out there and with good reason.

i always thought it was the law here?
I don't know about helmets.

They don't have to start the pump unless you get off the bike though. Not every place enforces it. It's not to slow you down from running, it's something to do with overfilling your air cooled v-twin and have the fue catch fire and when you bolt because your crutch is on fire the bike falls over and spills it's guts burning everything around you.

One place up the road is strict on the mobile phone usage too. I like watching people wait for the pump to be enabled while they're talking on the phone and the consol operator wont do it :laugh

1 - 20 of 23 Posts