TLZone Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks.
Just a note to remember those who are out there serving our great nation and those who lost their lives during 911. Even though there are people living in the US that would rather forget 911, I am not among them.

Ken

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
We had a moment of silence on here on McGuire AFB about an hour ago. Not to get political but remember all the things our nation has gone through and that is why we are in the middle east. I would rather fight them there than on US soil.

My heart goes out to all the families who lost a loved one on 9/11/01.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...we just need to get everyone to remember all throughout the year though as our men and women in uniform are in harms way every day:hail to our service members...

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Don't agree with the governmental policies ... but thoughts go out to the families & loved ones of the innocents that paid the price :(

And S! to the hero's who put thier lives on the line for thier brother man ...

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
I wish people did have more support for the troops and the war. They don't realize that we are not fighting an enemy that is in uniform or in a military. We have no idea the numbers of Al Qaida or what they may look like. It could be a woman with a baby carraige with a bomb in it or a child with an AK-47. Everyone is saying we need to get out of there and bring troops home. To some degree i agree but like I said earlier we would just have to fight them here. We would have terrorist acts everyday. Look at what happens in Israel. Everyday a car bomb goes off there.

Alright, I know this post is going to still up the hornets nest but everyone can't believe everything they see on TV. You should see how much Iraq has changed for the better. Most of those people want us there protecting them.

Sorry, this thread was started to remember 911. Those of us in the military think of Sept. 11th every single day. It seems to me that so many people have already put it behind them....

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
:stupid

My personal belief

We should play the coverage everyday on TV

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
still listening to the howard stern rebroadcast.. wow.. still breathe taking.
now the wrap-up show

·
Registered
232 Posts
I watched some interesting documentaries this weekend on 9/11. Tales of survivors and sadly people who lost their lives...I hate to think what those poor people on the top floors had going through their minds. Heard a 911 call from a guy on the 105th. Absolute panic and horror through his voice. Kept saying he wasn't ready to die....then he started to scream and the tower collapsed:no

RIP to all the victims/heroes of that terrible day. Theres no way anyone will ever forget.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Today is a good day to remember all life is precious and we are all in this together no matter what your/our/whoever's government or leaders say:thumbup

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
prayers to all the families that lost loved ones..
Mom worked there in the south tower 68th floor from 1993 till 2000 before she got transfaired to the DC chapter for a governmet job.. She lost most fo her coworkers.so yesterday to make her feel better i cleaned my room did the laundery and dishes and dusted a little.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Great pic dell. Working for and often in the Pentagon this day means a lot to me too:(

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
If we forget it, not only will it happen again, but the ones that went before will have died in vain. Sad really, a few thousand folks who believe we are the devil incarnate can just slaughter innocents without the batting of an eye. All of you who don't believe it, watch a little of the coverage of the cities in the middle east as the Towers fell. Ask the folks who got their heads sawed off if these terrorists will listen to reason. Takes a cold bastard to murder non-combatants.

I offer my prayers for the strength of those affected and for the safe return of all of our troops. I also wish that we could get the main bunch, sooner rather than later.

God Bless America, Our Troops, and Our Allies.

P.S. I am tired of crying too folks................:banghead

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Godspeed to all those who died and my prayers to their families. How difficult it must be, to involuntarily share your very personal tragedy via the news media and to have those images shown again and again.

One thing I will say. The act of terrorism did not work as intended. The US economy did not tank and we did not shrink in fear. OBL and his crew who orchestrated 9/11 underestimated us.

·
Registered
671 Posts
remembering

we remembered the day at work with range and dt training. guns and fighting with guns. what better way? i was on my way home from work and was listening the metallica "black" album. anyone remember the song "don't tread on me"?:hail words to live by.

anyway, to those families that lost on that day, you have my prayers. at least some of us will never forget the day that evil landed here. for my brothers in blue, keep fighting the good fight. :rockon

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
My thoughts a prayers go out to the families that lost a loved one on that tragic day. As Americans we have gone through great many wars, lost too many in the process. This is our generation's turn to fight for our freedom, for OUR COUNTRY!
YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'll never forget that day, I was holding my 1 year old baby girl when I saw the 1st plane hit. Really made me realize how precious life is and how much I love my baby.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts