TLZone Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Adrenaline Junky
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Sorry I've been so tardy of late, but had more trouble with my blasted left knee. Fortunately had the op today where they removed an approximately 10x10x6mm lump of bone that was loose and causing the joint to dislocate an inopportune moments (such as changing gear on a motorbike).

Hopefully I'll be back in a bike (TL) in the next couple of months.

:thumbup

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
:thumbup

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Gws ,
At least you had it done in the winter. :laugh.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Speedy recovery crash

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
its all that work about the house that does it - stick to messing around with bikes mate............. :laugh

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah, get well soon lads.
I did my my Knee in a bit back in the late 90's, when I flipped my 1200 Bandit (being a tit). Luckily I was wearing a set of Lawson Rep Dianese leathers, which only just wore through after I slid down the road, for what felt like ages. If I hadn't of been wearing them, I'm pretty sure I'd have lost my knee cap. Its something I always tell kids I see wearing normal jeans or even worse shorts in the summer. I've still got the old leathers hung up in the garage (I cant zip em over my beer gut these days).

Cheers, Bob

·
Adrenaline Junky
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good News! Just sat on the SV and my leg managed the riding position without any complaints! Still got some healing and physio to do, but should hopefully be back riding by the end of next week!

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Great news tom, as for the riding mine are staying in the garage until at least March, too much salt on the roads round here.and its fackin freezing, :laugh

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Blows my mind that you nuts ride in the winter. Granted I've ridden in weather so cold that I had to stop every 10 minutes to warm my fingers on the muffler, but never with snow or ice on the ground. That's just common sense.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
TBF cold here in the UK is nowt compared to cold in the US. You've seen the weather over there recently. -30C and worse. Coldest I've ever felt was New York in February. I'm still riding and unless there's too much snow I'll keep on it. Doubt I'd be doing the same if I lived across the pond.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Blows my mind that you nuts ride in the winter. Granted I've ridden in weather so cold that I had to stop every 10 minutes to warm my fingers on the muffler, but never with snow or ice on the ground. That's just common sense.
I rode all year round for 12 years, never had a car licence. Back in the eighties we had some real winters. I used to get to work on my gsx 750 in the snow from 8 miles away when guys couldn't get there in their cars from 2 miles away. They all thought I was mad. :laugh

1 - 19 of 19 Posts