TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in London means that I don't have a garage. To keep off the worst of the weather (and thieving eyes) I need to get a decent cover. So I'm in the market for a new black breathable one. I want black so the TLS is less noticable parked on the pavement chained to a tree.

p.s. - I have a db-cover which is a good fit but suffers badly from leaks/and or condensation build up. Previously i have a BMW cover £90 which promptly rotted after one year.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
I found those oxford ones last quite well, they do fade after a few years but do a good job in my opinion :yes They also have little flappy vents, cover the whole bike and have an under-strap for those windy days.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
I've got a nice heavy-duty one (blue) doing sweet fanny-adams in my garage:O

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks chaps (& sorry Toledo) - it looks like the Oxford Stormex then - black & breathable. Ticks all the right boxes.

What size you got - medium or large?

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Who me? dunno.............it covers the Tillis ok:confused

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Thanks chaps (& sorry Toledo) - it looks like the Oxford Stormex then - black & breathable. Ticks all the right boxes.

Are you sure you're on the right website here or have I stumbled into the wrong forum? Its all sounds a bit dodgy to me!:dowhat :laugh

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I used the stock Suzuki cover and other than it saying Suzuki it is an excellent cover, breathes and has the little heat shields so you can put it on immediately.

I also used an ABUS lock and chain which are awesomely strong, but I don't use it with the garage. I paid like $307.00 USD for it with the $40.00 shackle which I destroyed to remove it after I built the garage.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Perhaps, but I bought a Stormex about a year ago for my cruiser and I have not been that happy with it. I bought it coz 'Ride' rated it top dog, recommended, etc. However, I got the large and it's like --- well big enough for a full grown African elephant, or even a Goldwing, -- with rider --- and a few members of his family!

The problem is if any of the bottom edge of this cover touches the ground AT ALL then, when it pours down with rain, the inner soft lining act like a massive wick and suck all the water on the ground up into the cover. You will not believe just how much it can absorb, and then dump onto the bike!

If you do get one I should think the medium will be well big enough.

Doc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts