TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends:

A new Renthal handlebar and raisers are coming on the post, new stuffs for the winter mod season. I seen lot of bikes pictures with this mod already done, like Veetwo or Sully.

So before start to mess with re route the stock throttle and clutch cables .... I will like to ask you guys if anyone of you knows about any other plug and play (or small mod) longer cables that fit the TLS... also if you have any advice or trick to do the conversion easier will be apreciate...

I read on a thread you can use the cable from a Yamaha SR 125 for the clutch . I also wonder if cables from other suzuki models like the DL1000 or 650 will fit...

Thanks for the help friends :)

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
it all depends on how high the raisers are.
some you dont need to extend cables etc.
http://www.austreetfighter.com.au/c...action=search&category=Top+Yokes+Bars+Mirrors

mine:

clutch , throttle & fast idle all stock. just rerought to gain extra length.

raisers total hight 110mm
(bottom of raiser/top of top clamp to bar centre 83mm)

*remember to get raisers to suit IE: fat bars/protapers or stock dirt bars*

i had to lengthen the front brake lines for this.
GOODRIDGE: brake line kit complete to fit suzuki tl1000s - race style , in clear with blue fittings & red bolts , duel mc banjo bolt (alloy) $360AUD
F/left 1000 long
R/front 900 long

what i done was buy the bars you want. (renthal fat bars)
sit on the bike with your new bars & work out the raiser hight that suits you for comfort & get them made.
also you can work out if anything needs lengthening or not.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the raiser on mandp.com http://www.mandp.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=523318. I don't know the height but should be more or less similar at yours. Those risers are the same ficheman use on his race TLS.

About the handlebar I bought a renthal street ultra low so probably the total height from the triple clamp will not be so hight. I guess mumbers will be quite similar to yours.

I'm not worry about the brake line cos when I put metalic lines I order about 70 mm longer than stock so it probably fit good.

I think this kind of mod need to deal with issues while you're involve on the job. I just waiting to get the parts, but I think they are lost somewhere in spain cos it should be at home two weeks ago :banghead

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
TLexup said:
I bought the raiser on mandp.com http://www.mandp.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=523318. I don't know the height but should be more or less similar at yours. Those risers are the same ficheman use on his race TLS.

About the handlebar I bought a renthal street ultra low so probably the total height from the triple clamp will not be so hight. I guess mumbers will be quite similar to yours.

I'm not worry about the brake line cos when I put metalic lines I order about 70 mm longer than stock so it probably fit good.

I think this kind of mod need to deal with issues while you're involve on the job. I just waiting to get the parts, but I think they are lost somewhere in spain cos it should be at home two weeks ago :banghead

well if you got the same as fiche-man just go by his mods. to easy :)

90 DEGREE BOLT ON RAISERS
# Ideal for the custom builder two CNC machined clamps to convert your top yoke to conventional bars. (Top Yoke needs drilling). They come pre-drilled and tapped underneath, with 2 x 8mm holes that are 34 mm apart, and are machined to a very high standard. Designed to accept 3/8" (22mm) bars.

would be nice if they listed what raise they are :coocoo :laugh

they look like these oberons :O
(Long - 64mm high - Short - 40mm high - Angled - 54mm high with a 20 deg rake)
http://www.austreetfighter.com.au/scart/html/276.html

·
Registered
945 Posts
on my TLR i got longer braided HEL hoses
im not going to run the choke

and i have a Domino throttle assembly, so needed custom cables anyways

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see in most on the cases just re route stock cables is necesesary. I just wanna make sure what was the experience of the people who didi the mod before. I'm going to put a renthal steet ulta low handlebar so my set up will be quite close to the LSL kit... I'm quite sure all stock cables fit , and the brake line is already long than stock. So... Just waiting to recive the box with the parts :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts