TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new-ish member, and grateful that you created this section. It's a great resource to post and share photography and art, and to see riders from a different perspective.

Everything below, including the paintings, was shot with a Panasonic Limux FZ-18. I just got a Canon SX-40HS, will post some from that when I get some images I'm happy with.

Photo's of my Oil Paintings:

Valentino Rossi painting Commission. A terrible photo but the only one I have.

Self-portrait painting.

I spend a lot of time chasing skies:

And from the 2010 MotoGp at Indianapolis.

Happy Belated Birthday Super Sic, you are missed by So Many!!!!

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
They're great paintings. :thumbup

I can't even wipe up split engine oil with my oil painting skills.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Sir, most appreciated!

Perhaps you're onto something Steve TLS, abstract paintings created via wiping spilled engine oil! :hail

And SparkyMarky, which are you referring to in "need more" of the above? Was surprised to read that, Didn't really think anyone would look, happy to oblige.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ask and you shall receive sparkymarky, thanks again! :thumbup I have a scary amount of work, could never post it all.
A couple more of my paintings.

Self-Portrait. Oil, 30" x 30".

Self-portrait. Oil, 36" x 24".

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
:hail

Approx how many hours do you invest in something like this?

Ask and you shall receive sparkymarky, thanks again! :thumbup I have a scary amount of work, could never post it all.
A couple more of my paintings.

Self-Portrait. Oil, 30" x 30".

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Steve TLS,

A painting, like the one you referenced, took about a month from prep to finish (avg. 4-7 hrs/ day everyday). Larger paintings can take a longer. And thank you, I appreciate that you used "invest".
Oh, and the paintings are executed on wood panel, meant to write that with descriptions.

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Awesome art work there dude. Very nice, keep em coming :hail

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
Stunning artwork,I love stuff like this
Have you got any action shots??
Or bike pics??

Have you thought of running a series of prints off them??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you So Very Much Kamikuza, hooti, and gaztl1000r, your comments are greatly appreciated!!!!:hail

Kamikuza- I thought I did an alright job in breaking down my work between my painting & photography, but now I wonder. Since I can no longer edit those posts I will clarify just in case. The skies and the Marco Simoncelli images are photographs, and are completely unedited. The others are my paintings, all done in oil. I'm only an amateur photographer at best and I try to only use photoshop for adding my name or resizing. Thanks again.

gaztl1000r- Action shots or bike pics? Forgive me Sir, I'm not entirely sure your meaning. Do you mean photo's of my bike, or MotoGP, or others? Could you please elaborate?

Prints of some of my work are here: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/ian-hemingway.html

Thank you all for such incredible support, I really wasn't expecting anyone to look, otherwise I would have organized all of this more thoroughly.

Another self-portrait. Oil and copper metal leaf on wood panel. 30" x 24"

This was my first attempt at painting a bike, Nicky Hayden just after he crossed the line winning at Laguna. Bikes are immensely difficult to paint especially realistically, not stylized or cartoony. A steep learning curve, this isn't perfect but it's not bad for a first try. Getting a lot better. Oil on wood panel, 36" x 24".

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
Just had to do a slight edit to your post Ian, to keep it within our market place buy / sell rules ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
EEK! My apology for that Steve TLS, I was focused on the posting of image guidelines first. That aspect of it went in, past, and out of my brain in a jiffy. Thank you for letting me know, and forgive Me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd consider requests, As long as they're within the scope of what I do, and I'm certainly curious! Could you elaborate sparkymarky?

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
ian
saves upseting folk on here pm me
and just a heads up id like my bike
i.e in my avatar:O
I must admit I'd love a painting of mine when its done ;)

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts