TLZone Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have completely torn down my engine Tal1000R and starting from the crankcase rebuild. I was just wondering what lubes I would need for this process other than what's in the manual or do I really need all the lubes in the manual? Would appreciate some advice from anyone that has rebuilt their motor. Thank you Kindly

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
just dont use silicon anywere..you would also be good to get Permatex ultra slick engine assembly lube..use that when put clean cams etc ...gears, any part that has metal sliding or turning...but it when ur about to do bearings etc..its sticky goo and best stuff..do not use rtv silicon anywere...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just dont use silicon anywere..you would also be good to get Permatex ultra slick engine assembly lube..use that when put clean cams etc ...gears, any part that has metal sliding or turning...but it when ur about to do bearings etc..its sticky goo and best stuff..do not use rtv silicon anywere...
Thank you for your response, much appreciated. Will be sure to use the permatex ultra slick on all the parts that are metal to metal or moving within the engine compartment. thanks again. Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts