TLZone Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the picture of the sproket area where i have drawn the red line, is it just a straight spacer that i need to hold the clutch push rod actuator in place? Is it the same as the one i am holding in the other picture, but just longer?

By the way, does anyone know where this spacer comes from? Its 25mm in length and probably comes from around that sproket area?

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide :)

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Comin along ok then mate.............the one in the red line pic is the same just longer........the short one you have there maybe out of your sprocket cover........hard to tell from the pic but are sure the one in your hand isnt the one to hold the actuator in place,like i say its hard to say from pic

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one i have seems to be only half the length of the one i need, it looks like i need a 50mm or so spacer as all the bolt holes are quite far back.. Unless im missing something? The pictures in the manual are lacking detail im afraid :(

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
just went out to garage and measured mine 48mm is what you need........that small one you have is out of the sprocket cover im bettin

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent, atleast i know i havnt lost the plot. I will just have to find some small stainless tube to make a spacer from - i have already started replacing a lot of bolts with stainless ones :)

Thanks for your help again bud!

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Not super clean or detailed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the picture steve! Im sure the spacer will turn up when i start going through more of the boxes, as i recently moved.

Hey, im just wondering. On my tlr engine (in that picture) it has a drilled/lightened sproket, and yours has, what i assume is a factory standard one with the rubber on the outside of it. Is there much difference? I was just wondering if there was any reason i shouldnt use the one that came with mine?

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
the spacer brent has in his hand will be the one bottom right in your pic steve im guessin.....................

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
That is the OEM sprocket in my pic. It was replaced with a steel only aftermarket one. I didn't notice any difference without the rubber :dunno

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies chaps :) Ill keep plodding away.. I just have to find some money for new tyres and teach myself to fibreglass (rear hugger has a bit of a hole through it from a large stone)
Have a great weekend!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Brent,
I had my front sprocket replaced recently and the mechanic asked me if I wanted a rubber coated one (O.E.M.) or a full steel one. When I asked what the difference was, he said the rubber coated one just cut down on the noise a bit.
Don't know if there is any performance difference though. Anyway, I opted for the steel one.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
is it me or is there something out of wack ??? it seems to me that something in your pic is out of place even when i look at it from different angles something just doesn't look right....maybe it's just me but i think you have the right spacer it is just that something else isn't right..is the pushrod seated properly...???

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Nope Chris, you haven't had one too many beers yet tonight! Looks like he did a number on his first picture so that first image is a mirror image of the actual sprocket area. You can see in his second image everything is back to normal. For a second there I thought it was just a Southern hemisphere reversal thing until Steve posted up the shots of his worm gear assembly puking out old neglected grease! That was in the right position but hey Steve, shame on you...

Yeah Brent, Mike is right about the location of the shorter cylindrical spacer. Having just gone through the one on my TLS a month ago & replaced the worm gear assembly on my GSXR1000 (which is very similar) a few weeks ago I have that spacer stuff memorized...

:)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Thanks for the replies chaps :) Ill keep plodding away.. I just have to find some money for new tyres and teach myself to fibreglass (rear hugger has a bit of a hole through it from a large stone)
Have a great weekend!!
If you're going to do a Fiberglass repair you'll need to find out if the hugger is made from polyester or epoxy resin , They're not compatible and won't stick to each other for long .

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Have a great weekend!!
remember i have a real nice just fairings hugger sittin in the garage doin nothin...............:devious

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha, I just realised! Sorry about the upside down-back tof ront-around the wrong way picture :)

I laid some strips of matting/polyester resin yesterday afternoon, and man does it stick like **** to a blanket, so i guess i got lucky :)

Thanks for all the responses :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts