TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.....got these fancy new rearsets on and all was going good until i got to the end.....theres a brake light switch included with these things but call me stupid but i cant work it out at all........the TLS brake light switch mounts to the rearset bracket and the spring goes down to the brake lever..simple....see attached pic for what came with the new rearsets:O not being at all familar with brake light switches.......hell i dont even use the back brake bugger all i am a bit stumped.......all i can come up with is do i take the bolt that attaches banjo bolt to the master cylinder out and replace it with this thing.......:O but how does that replace the spring thingy as on the oem...............:O

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Mike,its a pressure switch.You would hook those two wires into the plug that used to pick up the wires from the stock TL brake switch.The hydraulic pressure in the brake line activates the contacts in the switch.

:yes 900SS's had them in the 1970's.

Once it is fitted,you should be able to check it on a Ohm setting on a multi meter and get a reading when the brake pedal is depressed.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:dowhat okey dokey then........so as dumb as i sound i was kind of on the right track...........i will just slip silently and red faced back out to the garage.....thanks les.........

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Mike,

Here it is on my rear caliper. I had to put it here due to the thread pitch of what I had and where it was going to work. Normally it would go on the MC but it works the same in both locations.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers bern............gotta love this place eh..........i was bitchin about the thing whilst having a coffee with the missus.......her reply was.....ask on the zone............:banghead jesus this place is takin over my family as well.........:laugh

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I didn't worry with it. I never used the rear with out the front, so I didn't even bother with it.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
new crush washers too!

i didn't when i installed my switch, now i have to take it off again to fit new washers cos it leaks - but only when i press the pedal! (i was in a rush to get a working rear switch for my MOT!)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Yep, pressure switch - replaces the banjo bolt. I used one when I converted my CR250R to be street legal (sort of). Works great:thumbup I put mine on the rear MC, but anywhere will work, just put it whever fits and gives the cleanest wire routing.

have fun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts