TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been riding around for the last few months wondering why my bike and been bouncing around so much. Well I found out last night looking at my rear suspension and saw that my dampner had broken off the mounts. So I have been looking around on TLZone for a couple of days and It would seem I need to get a Bitubo Rear setup. It also seems that they dont make it anymore and all of the discussions I have found are about two years old at the newest. I need help, is this the only replacement option that doesnt cost a forutune, how do I set it up. Can I yank suspension from another bike and slap it on mine without major mods. Any help would be great.:banghead

·
Moderator,
8,248 Posts
You could PM Danny Never and order a new Bitubo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I emailed him and just waiting for a responce, I wasnt sure if the Bitumo was the only reasonable solution.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Lots of other solutions exist with danny recently offering a penske, which would be quite superior but far more expensive. Ohlins is a choice too. and there are others who have modded other shocks into the task.
the best value for money fix for the problems on both the R and the S is to go Bitubo. they are a very adequate shock for the job.
You'll even find people running superior shocks recommend them for just that reason

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Ditto for more info on the CBR shock mod (I assume this works for the TLS?)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of the impute, I have money flying out of my pockets faster than I can refill them so I am definatly going on a budget.

·
Registered
435 Posts
No, the CBR shock mod is for R model only and the link is thru the frequent mods section. This is a permanent mod as well as you need to remove some of the frame crossmember.

Tim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts