TLZone Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
95Nm Ohlins spring on even better, now i will leave it until i can test it on the road.
Seem to take some time snowing today:-(

IMG_20181216_184740mm.jpg

·
Registered
242 Posts
Removed the swing arm threaded insert that gives so many problems to RSV 2004 owners. surprised how thick the aluminium sheet parts are made from, I was expecting it to be a lot thinner.
I can see a possible weak manufacturing issue, the insert is pressed into a hex hole, I guess the stress points are at the tips causing the crack. Anyhow welded up now so no longer an issue, thanks again for pointing it out. Back on track now.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Done a bit more work on the swing arm. It now needs its brace plate welded in, something for the new year. Hugger chopped and fitted, edges need cleaning up. External bearing housings for the swing arm trial fitted.
Off-set shock lines up, overall quite happy at the moment. AP Hugger.jpg AP TL Shock.jpg AP WELD UP.jpg TL Ext Bear.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Good job nice welds, much nicer than mine:)
Ah you are ahead of me on the hugger mine is not brought by santa yet:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
tttDSC01482.JPG tttDSC01497.JPG Just had a short ride, in comparison to the donor tl1000s bike that i bought for the akrapovic i can tell this bike feels planted, will need more riding to actually tell if changes needed butl this is better than expected so far, and for Ring in i still kept both cylenders:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
just ended up with a 115Nm spring guess im fatter than i thought:) got both static sag and me in the ball park:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I like it a lot (to much,,i want to do it) !

It changes the look, stance, lines of the bike for the better !!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
mmmIMG_20200326_173000.jpg

Finally first real ride today in dry but cold weather:)
Suspension work great can´t be compared to the stock TLS.
Still alot of sand on the roads so had to take it slow but bike felt really great, also engine pulled good but so do all bikes on the first ride in the spring:)
Ah and i didn´t think of Covid19 one time during the ride:)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts