TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tools are you guys using to adjust your rear shock collar? I dont really want to chew up my collar so I am leaning towards a copper drift to pound on, or an actual wrench to do the job. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I used a blunt chisel which was fine the first two times I did it then it started cutting into the collet ring :banghead. Then when the bottom one was loose, I used a C-spanner which is what's designed for the job after all. I have a TLR but apparently the TLS is easier if you just remove the rear shock :)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Another reason to buy another shock! On the Bitubo's for instance you have collar (? right word?) with holes in it. You can put in the special tool and rotate to change preload. Works better then the stock stuff..

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
This tool comes with all Fox rear shocks but most stealerships carry these made by various manufacturers for a few dollars. Every gearhead's toolbox should have one of these in them...

<o:p></o:p>
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>
. .

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
On the TLS, the preload asjuster is damn badly accessible. No way around screwdriver and hammer method there :(

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mr. DOBALINA said:
This tool comes with all Fox rear shocks but most stealerships carry these made by various manufacturers for a few dollars. Every gearhead's toolbox should have one of these in them...

I ended up having a friend help me set my sag yesterday. This is exactly what he pulled out of his toolbox. Worked like a charm; on the Ten anyway. Thanks Mister!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts