TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having a harh time getting the lever off. the allen screw that holds the peg housing that holds the lever on won't break loose. do i have to replace the entire assembly or should the allen bolt break loose?:banghead:banghead:banghead:confused help i want to ride tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
You should be able to remove the lever on it's own - though you may have to remove the whole assembly initially to get easier access to the allen bolt for the footpeg - try some penetrating oil, CRC or WD40. IIRC mine came off with a bit of effort.

·
Registered
38 Posts
yeah that allen bolt can be a pain. i took mine apart to get powdercoated and i had to use my 3/8 impact to get it off. but it should come off, if you don't have a impact try to get some leverage on it. if you are using just the "L" shaped allen tool- take the closed end of a wrench and put it on the other end of the allen tool to make more leverage. good luck

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
It is loctited from the factory.

It can be easier to remove the rearset (and master cylinder)
Remove the peg so that end can be put in soft jaws in a vice,fastener head up and then removed with a power bar.

The peg carrier spigots into the rearset plate,the fastener into it.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
A little heat will help.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I was going to suggest heat too...but I remember there being a plastic bushing in there? Should probably be replaced anyway, but if it's in good condition you may not want to melt it.

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
3 foot breaker bar works a treat, well it did on mine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts