TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do i need to have the rear exhaust stub pipe on the motor before i re-install it or can I put it on once the engine is installed ???

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
if i remember right u can install without it but its a ****er to put it in later :)

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
You might want to hang in "the workshop" forum. I am sure you'll find the needed answeres your looking for. :thumbup

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
You can do it either way. If everything if off of the rear of the bike, like the suspension, you have a pretty clear shot. If the bike is assembled, other than the engine, put the pipe on and work with it.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I found that setting the frame on the engine was the easiest way, if you do it alone it is tricky but you can do it, I built a wooden stand to hold the engine, put the frame and swinger on, then the front and we were on stands, easy as pie.

·
Registered
365 Posts
ask tv1000s how its done, i made him a pro at engine removal and installation:laugh :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
i put the motor on a rolling jack then hoisted the frame up with cable hoist rolled motor into place and then lowered bike down onto the motor did it all alone was fairly easy with a little wrestling to get it lined up slip in main bolt then jack up or down to line up rest of bolts...you can do it!....i would put the head pipe in first...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts