TLZone Forums banner

Radiator trouble

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  beet 
#1 ·
has anyone in Aust got the top & bottom radiators for sale ? loan ? free ? please help anyone ......

#2 ·
...I just got a brand new TLS rad for a member in Germany for $340 USD plus shipping...

If you want, I can check on the price of the TLR parts for you and go from there?...

PM me if your interested

#3 ·
What happened to yours? :O

#4 ·
#11 ·
:yes

PWR alloy rads + all the acessories you need :) http://www.pwr.com.au/pwr/index.asp

TL 1000 - 40mm pt/no: pwr 5237 $400AUD
TLR 1000 pt/no: pwr 5002 $373AUD

BIKE: (no pics of road bike rads)

CAR:

#5 ·
I've seen them on ebay often.......they usually dont sell so you might get them cheap. good luck!

#6 ·
as i have only had the bike just over a year & previous to me purchasing it. it had been sitting around in a shed covered in dust etc for god knows how long we believe the water it had in the radiator has finally rusted through or at least we think this is what has happened. i tried getting the orginal radiator fixed but they said it is no longer a radiator it has evolved into a sprinkler , and yes when i purchased it i replaced all fluids oils etc it has only surfaced from my 2 day phillip island ride day a couple of weeks ago.

#9 ·
latest update, turns out electrolosis ( not sure on spelling forgive me ) is the problem there is current running through the cooling system i'm told. this in turn has eaten from the inside out the radiator core i'm told that this is a now more frequent problem especially in motor cars more so than bikes with alloy radiators is any one aware of this problem ? i also went into Natrad as steve ( above ) suggested they can re core my original radiator using the original tanks, oh by the way if anyone is looking for a TLS radiator Southern Radiators have a brand new one there i'm told 4 sale for $400-00 dollars i have tracked down a second hand radiator ex sydney. i hope to have the bike back on the road for this weekends Toy Run any one here in S.A. going if so maybe we could meet up some where ?

#10 ·
I'll be heading to Hahndorf after the Toy Run ride. I hate riding in slow packs of idiots who don't know what they're doing (especially those seasonal riders). And I've got the anniversary with the missus on the Saturday before. No idea what time I'll be dragging myself away on the Sunday, but I do intend to ride up there eventually.

:thumbup

#14 ·
:) Tx Vee for the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.