TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radiator cooling fan on my TLS started to knock against its housing, making a hell of a racket - when I took it off ( a knuckle grazing, expletive ridden exercise !) I found the bearings were worn, and the fan was oscillating elliptically - a 2nd hand one was sourced from a bike wreckers in Perth and duly fitted ( again with scraped knuckles and many BAD words). Cost me AUS $75.00 - just out of interest I priced a new one from my friendly local bike shop -( yes, you can still buy one!). Ex Japan, AUS $500.00:eek
When you next look at your beloved TLS, check out the poxy little fan behind the radiator and see if you reckon it's worth $ 500.00!!!!!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
When I bought my bike I did the TPS check and TB sync. The bike started getting hot so I set up a box fan in front of the bike. At one point I hit the kill switch and left the key on. I heard this funny noise. :confused It turn out to just be the fan running but it wasn't doing any good. It was missing the fan blades. :laugh I found a good used one on ebay for $45. It works great. :devious

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,859 Posts
:eek Made me look it up on Ron Ayers.

Parts found with Part Number: 17800-02F00
Description FAN ASSY,RADIAT
Price $292.17

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The good thing about gixxers being made in China, is that there is plenty of spare parts that still fit our old dinosaurs, instead of having to pay inflated prices (stealships, wreckers) due to the excuse that the tillers are no longer in production.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
That is why I lovingly refer to them as the "Stealership" along with many others... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts