TLZone Forums banner

radar detector mount

664 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dtracymoto 
#1 ·
I just picked up a bel rx65 radar detector with the 'smart' direct wire (it has a seperate small box with a warning l.e.d. in it) for the bike. What's the best way to mount it? I was thinking about making a small plexiglass box for it and putting it above the front fender and running the 'smart' box under my yellow/carbon windscreen (thanks Speed - it's hot!). How is everyone else mounting theirs?

#2 ·
marshdrummer said:
I just picked up a bel rx65 radar detector with the 'smart' direct wire (it has a seperate small box with a warning l.e.d. in it) for the bike. What's the best way to mount it? I was thinking about making a small plexiglass box for it and putting it above the front fender and running the 'smart' box under my yellow/carbon windscreen (thanks Speed - it's hot!). How is everyone else mounting theirs?
don't put it above the front fender. I did that on my tuna and I got the front forks to compress enough to crunch the detector and my front fender. the higher you mount it the better. Aerostich makes a bunch of mounts for the bars but I don't if that will work with the TL as it will bang into the plastics.

ET79 maks a little bracket that goes on the gas tank cap, replaces some of the bolts with longer, makes a nice mounting surface for radar detectors, video cameras, etc.

#4 ·
also try Ram mounts...

You've seen my GPS... those mounts are VERY flexible and accomodate virtually any equipement.

Later

#5 ·
Mine is in my tank bag

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.