TLZone Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
:drool

Looks more like a road bike with race glass on it though! :confused

I might ask what else comes with? (PCII, what suspension work, pads/brakes?)

130hp?

:O

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I saw this the other week. It's also on a few other sites - I think he has advertised for 7K or something around that mark.

·
Registered
258 Posts
thats got my old race glass on it!!

the guy imports bikes from japan, which is where that came from. not sure of what mods it has. i just bought a k5 gsxr600 off the bloke.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Still a sweet track bike if you can get it for $5K

But it looks like it still has the stock rear shock :dowhat Nothing special about the rotors or brakes either. Can't see the brake lines. ... just noticed there is no steering damper! :dowhat

I've shot the guy an email with a few Qs.

:)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I just got email back from him. His reserve is $5400. Seems reasonable to me - what do you guys think :O

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
The dude finally got back to me.

Stock front suspension was revalved only.
Not sure of any motor mods. :dowhat
Says it was dynoed in Japan as having 128hp (not 130hp as advertised) but has no supporting documents. :jack

Still has stock rear rotary damper, no steering damper, stock brakes, no PCII. Dude only answered 1/4 of my questions. He's quite vague on the details of the bike. :coocoo I didn't think the Japs would use American ebay decals on such a bike, and I'm sure the Japs would have thrown some suspension and brakes at it if it was indeed a full race bike from a Japanese superbike team. :confused Doesn't add up to me.

I know you shouldn't expect much for $5K, but if its not what he says it is ... :O

I'll keep looking elsewhere.

:D

·
Registered
258 Posts
ruby...the k5 i bought off him was the race bike...that tlr was another one he imported from japan with my k5....as i said earlier i dont know much about that tlr or the bloke selling it, but i know i got a good deal with my k5...
also the bodywork is from my old track tlr hence the us ebay decals which i put on...

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Oh okay ... so he got the fairings off you locally.

So why is he saying its a racer from the Japanese superbike team. Did it actually come over with race fairings ... or street fairings? :confused

Looks more like a road bike with race glass on it though! :confused
Guess I was right? I think I will steer clear of it.

:thumbdown

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Just in (the truth comes out):

"It came from nagoya, it was one of their customer`s
bikes who mostly did ridedays and the occasional race at
suzuka. so, no it`s not a full house superbike and is close to
standard - some suspension mods, raceglass, full exhaust
system and them remapped to suit. you`re welcome to come
over and inspect the bike before sale."

:rolleyes

·
Registered
258 Posts
yeh he got the fairings off me cause apparently the old ones were ratty lookin...

i wouldnt buy it ewither cept to part it out!!

Oh okay ... so he got the fairings off you locally.

So why is he saying its a racer from the Japanese superbike team. Did it actually come over with race fairings ... or street fairings? :confused

Guess I was right? I think I will steer clear of it.

:thumbdown

1 - 15 of 15 Posts