TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the race tech valves going to stiffen my comp and reb, or are they going to soften things up? :O

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Kind of a crappy answer, but basically it will give you a little better flow and adjustability, but only the compression valving. You could add the GP Suspension needles and really improve the adjustment and go a step further and use all GP suspension valving and springs, with needles. Then you would have a sweet set of forks.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where do I get the GP suspension Valves and needles? I'm getting my bike ready for trackdays next year. I also need to get a aftermarket rear shock.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
It would all depend on how the gold valves are setup. They have the potential to flow more than the stock valves, but that doesn't mean they will be stiffer. When you installl them you setup the shim stack however you llike - could be stiffer or softer. Unless you get really crazy with the ship stack it will probably be a bit more plush on high (shaft) speed impacts like square edged bumps and such.

have fun

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
GP Suspension is a good company, will answer your questions, check out their website

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks TLSDOUG

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
That's OLD TLSDoug, fella :coocoo :lol

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
I'm with BikePilot: "it will probably be a bit more plush on high (shaft) speed impacts like square edged bumps and such."

Once the stack pops open the Race Tech valves let the suspension compress faster to get up over bumps instead of the worst of the shocks to you. Much nicer on the street.

Indeed, they won't help rebound, but then again rebound doesn't deliver such bad shocks to your bod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts