TLZone Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently rebuilding a '98 TL1000R, it's mechanically completely stock. Having all the paintwork redone and the wheels redone as well as some other nice cosmetic fixes. It has Yoshimura pipes so it sounds great. I have wondered though, has anyone ever fitted a quickshifter to a TLR? Reasons for asking is I used to own an S1000R and it made loud pops out the back when shifting with the quickshifter, however, the GSXR never did that. I'd absolutely love to have the TL pop out the back if I was to have a quickshifter fitted, but not sure if that's the result I'd get. Has anyone done it before? What was the sound like? And what would be the best brand of quickshifter to go for then, does it matter?

Registered
Hi there,
Ive just fitted a dynojet 4-130 quickshifter ( upshifts only- need a slipper clutch for downshifting ) to my 99 tlr. Standard headers and Pipewerx cans. I've tested it on the road and done 3 trackdays so far, and it works perfectly. I get no pops or bangs (like I do on my Tuono Factory 馃槅), but it has transformed the bike. You will need to fit a power commander 5 if you want a dynojet shifter, but the pc5 improves the fuelling and can be tailored to suit whatever exhaust you fit. Both the pc5 and shifter are plug and play, 40 mins tops to fit. But visit your local dynojet centre to make sure everything works properly, as there are some pita processes to follow.
Hope this helps,
Keep us posted.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,
Ive just fitted a dynojet 4-130 quickshifter ( upshifts only- need a slipper clutch for downshifting ) to my 99 tlr. Standard headers and Pipewerx cans. I've tested it on the road and done 3 trackdays so far, and it works perfectly. I get no pops or bangs (like I do on my Tuono Factory 馃槅), but it has transformed the bike. You will need to fit a power commander 5 if you want a dynojet shifter, but the pc5 improves the fuelling and can be tailored to suit whatever exhaust you fit. Both the pc5 and shifter are plug and play, 40 mins tops to fit. But visit your local dynojet centre to make sure everything works properly, as there are some pita processes to follow.
Hope this helps,
Keep us posted.
Thank you very much, that's great advice, I'll keep you posted for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts