TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RonAyers.com is running a sale on rubber (I'm thinking they are trying to dump their stock at the end of the season.

in any case, gonna pick up a set of Pirelli Diablo Corsa's for the track...

they are showing the "Corsa" and a "Corsa III" for the rear, both the same price... Same everything...

Whats the difference between the two, and which is better in your oppinion.

Pulling the triger on this today so if you are going to run your yacker on yet another tire thread... do it quickly.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I'm writing this without double checking, but the Corsa III is the dual compound tire, named for the three sections of "sticky" across the tire.

If they're anything like my 2CT's, get 'em.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, read that thread yesterday... but these are going to be dedicated Track Day only tires (I have an extra set of rims and will be using them for track days only) so I'm thinking that I'm not going to be running in the wet or damp on these.

I've heard lotsa good things about them, just wanted to know what the diff was between the two.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I think the corsa III is supposed to be better for street, with a firmer compound in the middle. I'd gues that the regular corsa would be better for the track, but I've never actually used either - just my impression.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
diablos are a good tyre, but i would say if you are going to use them solely on the track get a pair of supercorsas, much better tyre for the track, mind you i find the diablo corsas good on mine,:O :O :O

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, maybe in the future... I'm not looking for a race tire just yet. I would be worried about not having them up to temp and running too many heat cycles on them...

I'm gonna go with the Corsa's, get some track days under my belt and then go from there

Del totally cleared it up for me, a tripple compound tire to give you more miles in the middle, but grabby on the edges...

Thanks, I knew ya'll would know.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
done

a front and 190 Rear Diablo Corsa for $270 shipped to my door... that's got to be pretty damn good.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Not bad. Just had my M3's mounted today. Got them for $240 shipped.
...that's a good deal, was it for a 190 rear?

Where'd you get that price?

·
Registered
11,001 Posts

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BX... RonAyers.com is clearing their rubber inventory, 151 for the 190 rear and 101 for the 120 front. $10 each for shipping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts