TLZone Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,610 Posts
hey guys does anyone know a way to unblock the spout that the fuel pressure hose connects to?
Which end of the pressure hose are you interested in? The one at the fuel pump plate, or the one at the fuel rail?

Why do you suspect that it is blocked? That would be an unusual failure.

Have you tried compressed air?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for your time, ok so when I start the bike it runs well, however a minute or 2 after ,it starts leaking from the fuel return/or pressure .so I took off the tank.my tank has the fuel pump clip line, then theres 2 other spouts.one for the drain hose, and the other is for that fuel pressure/return hose.so I blew in to the fuel return and theres definitely something in there.[when I blow into my other tank, its free flowing no clog]
so im think that after its started and builds some pressure ,it starts to leak because it can't process the fuel its getting because its clogged.
what you think?

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
......so I blew in to the fuel return and theres definitely something in there.[when I blow into my other tank, its free flowing no clog]
...., previous owner sealed the tankard im guessing that is what clogged it.
OK. Given that scenario, you should be able to clear that fuel return tube with a piece of wire (it's only about 3 inches long), unless the internal coating is similar to an epoxy. If so, you will need to remove the fuel pump assembly in order to gain access to the other end of the return tube.

If you are dealing with a TLS, in the photo below, you can see both ends of the fuel return tube. The Red Cap is covering the end where the return hose normally connects on the bottom of the tank. The other end of the tube is visible in the internal sheetmetal barrier that surrounds the fuel pump opening.

20180218_173534 by Tony Six5, on Flickr

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey wow thanks, I just realized your replied.this site takes some getting use to.ok so yup I used a wire to unclog it, and it worked.it opened up a lot ,so I plugged everything back in and tried to start but no crank.dammit.i moved around the wire harness and she cranked.stopped tried again no crank.so I decided that I need to clean the connector boxes cause they all corroded.so thats my next thing to do.
I still havent gotten the chance to ride this friggin bike yet.had it for 2 years now, and I have a parts bike also.she was in pretty bad shape, coming together though.
hey what you recommend I clean the connectors with?
thanks a lot for your replies,i really appreciate it.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
hey what you recommend I clean the connectors with?
To begin with, WD-40 and a brush that lets you reach inside the connector Works quite well.

If you come across any areas that are particularly stubborn, you could try a dedicated Electronics Contact Terminal cleaner, but be careful with it around painted surfaces.

Something similar to this from CRC....
Liquid Tire Automotive tire Product Fluid

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Alternatively brake cleaner and dental picks. Brake cleaner is safe on plastic (also relatively cheap) and will shift a lot of muck then the dental pick to scrape out the crusty bits.

Reactions: V2victim
1 - 11 of 11 Posts