TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the stuff some of the members here and on the other site are making and selling how come no one has made a mold and started mass producing things like the ram air tube cover that seems to be in such high demand in the summer:confused Or how about battery door covers. Or maybe a customized solo cowl. Im not bitchin about this I'm just curious as to why you think we havent seen this yet. If I was a little smarter and had the time I'd do it myself and be a parts pimp like some of our members:devious

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Knowing some people that dabble in this stuff it is all about how old the TL's are now & when they stopped production of them. Aftermarket products are all about getting products out for newer bikes that are fairly new on the streets. Problem I see with that philosophy is many of the riders I knew that got brand new bikes didn't have a whole lot of money left over to pour into mods. I think the riders' mindset has changed in the past decade but most of the aftermarket manufacturers are slow to adapt to the changing marketplace. Those that are adapting have found a niche...

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Making a part for yourself is great. Making a thousand parts for others that looks just like your one of a kind part sucks. Takes the specialness away from the one part you made and the time you put into.

For me, making parts is something I like to do. It takes me away from the day to day crap I have to do at work. If I had to make thousands of the same thing, it would become work. Then the thing I love would not longer be fun.

Quite a pickle.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Chelapa makes the ram air tubes

Someone, maybe vandriver or Rifleman i think make a battery cover , and

Makensie is making a carbon tail section for the S :devious

:O

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Chelapa makes the ram air tubes

Someone, maybe vandriver or Rifleman i think make a battery cover , and

Makensie is making a carbon tail section for the S :devious

:O
...he was asking about ram air tube covers, Vandriver makes a billet battery box lid - not the TLR outter battery box door and we haven't seen Mak's prototype of the tail yet :bitchslap <===Beaza :)laugh)...

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
...he was asking about ram air tube covers, Vandriver makes a billet battery box lid - not the TLR outter battery box door and we haven't seen Mak's prototype of the tail yet :bitchslap <===Beaza :)laugh)...

Should read more thoroughly hey ? :coocoo

Yeh i am waiting to 'receive' Mak's prototype S tail :devious , and will post fitted pics of it when i do :) ......... he is on about the 3rd mould.
Has been having trouble with them, but i think he has it sorted.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Making a part for yourself is great. Making a thousand parts for others that looks just like your one of a kind part sucks. Takes the specialness away from the one part you made and the time you put into.

For me, making parts is something I like to do. It takes me away from the day to day crap I have to do at work. If I had to make thousands of the same thing, it would become work. Then the thing I love would not longer be fun.

Quite a pickle.

Yeah I can understand that too Yeller. But on the other hand if I had the skills and time to start making say battery doors for the peeps on here and the planet I'd do it in a second. It's your world brotha :thumbup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts