TLZone Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know why Suzuki didn't go with the bolt on type exhaust that the TL, the gixxers, the SV1K, and the Busa have instead of the old slip on style? Seems it'd be cheaper to manufacture it with the bolt on since it'd just be a standard part welded on.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
to save $$...

same reason they made the clutch cover and side cover one and the same.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, but that's what doesn't make sense to me. It seems like it'd be cheaper to take a part off of another production line rather than to have to stamp one out specifically for the SV.

·
Registered
59 Posts
unfortunatly suzuki made quite a few "pointless" changes between both the 650 and 1000 sv's.
i own a 97 tls, a k5 sv1000sz, and my wife has a k6 sv650s...
As you can guess its me that works and modifies them... essentially in basics they are very similar machines, all based on the same principles (i,ve worked on early sv650's too) when it comes to interchange-ability, theres not a great deal of bits you can just "swop" about :O
for example, my wife wants lower fairings for her 650 :devious will thou ones go straight on? :laugh
she wanted a race can... (fitted within 8miles of new!!) most bikes have 52mm slip-ons, the 650? 54mm! just aswell my mate has a pipe bender/expander:devious (the can was one i had in the garage) we are now looking for a good akrapovic slip-on but 54mm...
ha ha i could go on for ages with this, but i fear i may allready have done, so if i have... soz!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts