TLZone Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I don't think anyone has forgotten this bike as it's the most awesome TL that has ever rolled its wheels on this planet :hail

The Q is: (to those who know or have seen this bike in flesh)
Are those cylinder head covers powdercoated or anodized or what? :O

·
Registered
155 Posts
I believe they were colour chromed. Whole engine has now been airbrushed and the low points airbrushed to high light and to add depth to it :)

Edit :

Seen it :)

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Those pictures are old now,there is a link somewhere to the Auto Saloon show in Sydney.

I think the whole reason no other TL will come close to this bike is the attention to detail.That being, not just the financial cost but seeing it though to the 101% mark which takes what might be a dedication verging on almost a madness to create a vision no matter what...sensibility thrown to the wind with perhaps the occasional,What am i doing. :banghead :laugh (if you know what i mean)

:hail

Well done Brigg's

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those pictures are old now,there is a link somewhere to the Auto Saloon show in Sydney.
Are there arey mods done since the first pics taken?

I think the whole reason no other TL will come close to this bike is the attention to detail.That being, not just the financial cost but seeing it though to the 101% mark which takes what might be a dedication verging on almost a madness to create a vision no matter what...sensibility thrown to the wind with perhaps the occasional,What am i doing. :banghead :laugh (if you know what i mean)

:hail
I agree 100% with you...

But back on my questions:
What are those head covers colored with? Is Superlight correct at what he says?
Where do I find a rad hose like this? :)

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Are there arey mods done since the first pics taken?

I agree 100% with you...

But back on my questions:
What are those head covers colored with? Is Superlight correct at what he says?
Where do I find a rad hose like this? :)
It is as Superlight said,the covers are no longer like that but the whole engine airbrushed to match the theme.
The covers were done with a spray on pigment coat.
I think the brand was POR 15.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
It is as Superlight said,the covers are no longer like that but the whole engine airbrushed to match the theme.
The covers were done with a spray on pigment coat.
I think the brand was POR 15.

They were indeed "color-chromed" ...... he sent me the details some time ago, but I don't seem to be able to find the message :banghead

Try PM'ing him here or the planet ......... he was dropping by now and then ...... :O

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Did he bail out or something? Has he left us? :dowhat

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Did he bail out or something? Has he left us? :dowhat

He got the death of the specials builder.............................. MARRIED :scared :scared

there's another 3 week project on the go now though :devious

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
miss him posting gave me lots of ideas ...

·
Registered
249 Posts
miss him posting gave me lots of ideas ...
he helped me out also. i met up with Rupes when i lived in sydney.
the olny words that discribe the senti is "OMG"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts