TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just want to know what sort of highway mileage I should expect to get out of a full tank on a standard model TL 1000 S at legal speed limits (100km/hr or 65 m.p.h.).
I'm looking for a clean example to buy, regardless of the answer.
I'm owned a few road bikes, I don't want a lesson on effects from all of the variables, just an estimate.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can tell me.
Jason.

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
On a good day with all the planets in alignment I get 105 miles from full to fuel light on,then I've had 29 miles till it stopped 200 metres before the furl station,but if I'm out having a good ride it can be 85 mile till light comes on.
And guess what??
I don't care,not now it's nit my only transport

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I always ride 2 up and full tank till light on is between 75 and 90 miles.

·
Registered
289 Posts
No clue, never ever emptied a complete tank at the speed limit. Best I can do is 150 km or 160 km.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Varies wildy depending on fuel mapping, mods, gearing, how much wind you block, temp, altitude, and how fast you go. I seem to get 40-44mpg in the summer at sea level going between 65-80mph. The bike holds an honest 4.6 useable gallons so I can typically go around 180 miles before I need to worry about pushing it :D In the winter it drops to about 38mpg. I'm sure it'd be much better at high altitude, all my other bikes have been. It was worse with stock fuel mapping and some folks run maps that are worse yet than stock. (figures are US gallons).

·
Registered
678 Posts
just under 90 miles from brimming full to the light, gonna see how many more now ive done the thermo mod

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,857 Posts
I had an Australian 98 TLS and logged 100+ tanks of fuel.

I averaged 42.4MPG (Our Australian / UK MPG using 4.54 litres / gallon and not the US 3.8)
That's ~ 15.1 km /litre or 6.8 litres/100km.

Gave me an average maximum range of 257km (@ 17 litres) or an average expected range of 242km (@ 16 litres)

(The numbers that makeup those averages over 100+ tanks were between 53.7MPG on the road to under 30MPG on trackdays)

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Mine has varied from about 65 to 180+miles per tank. Fuel mileage went up when I got rid of the 97 cooling setup so runs a better map, and my gearing ranges from 0/+3 to +1/0. That includes track days to touring and everything in between, pc2 with non stock mapping, bike with over 80k miles.

·
Registered
92 Posts
35 mpg my best so far (stateside fuel figures). Actually better than stock with PAIR removed and a slight adj from the shop. At the track, it was about 60-70 miles till the fuel light came on. It'll be whoppingly worse when I soup it up!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I dunno I've not been messuring it, all I know is I seem to be getting alot more friendly with my local petrol station :D

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Usually it's not good but last 2 runs were long runs .
And on those runs I got 140 per tank !

But that's nothing to getting 350 miles out of a back tyre :lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
When I first got my 97 TLS and riding like a nana, I achieved 235km from full to run out. Incidently, as she was spluttering to a halt I saw my wife and daughter driving towards me heading home. I waved frantically for them to stop and guess what........ They waved back and carried on.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
My 97 S with +3 rear gearing does 105 from full to flashy which is usually 13.4 litres (2.97 Imp Gal/3.55 US Gal) or 35mpg Imp/29.6mpg US

Thats mixed riding town, country B roads (60 - 90mph) and dual carriageway/motorway (70 - 95/100). Bear in mind mine also has flat bars and no fairing, which probably increases consumption by 10%+, especially at speed :)

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I get a bit more fuel in the tank as there is no fuel filter in there any more :)

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts