TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help finding a how to thread. I know I've seen one here before but can't find it. I want to mount projectors with HID's in them.

Is this even possible?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
The first one (mine) "Headlight mod pics installed finally" won't help you with HIDs or halos... but the rest of it is there. :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Lol, I searched but just not deep enough.
This was the thread I was refering too:

http://www.tlzone.net/forums/freque...headlight-h4-projector-lights-halo-s-hid.html

But during my search I did come across a pic of a projector with servo actuated "eye lids". Does anyone have any info on what the possible donors could be?
Donors could be from any vehicle with a small unit. I suggest Cadillac or dodge Non aftermarket, due to the proximity of the dual beams. Cadillac is 90 degrees off so you will have to mod the assemblies.
Any donor that has 2 beams side-by-side will work.

The simplest way to get 2 single beams is with the kit above.

Personally, I would reccomend staying away from HID. You have to mount ballasts and regulators, and assure heat will not effect any plastics in the housing. All the work you put into PAIR removal for weight loss will be made up 2-fold in HID parts.:laugh

The easiest way to get dual beams is to use the Yamaha R6 2005 headlights as donors, a set of aftermarket PIAAs, or similar. Keep your wattages identical to factory or you will cook wires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts