TLZone Forums banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone out there can help? I bought a 98 TLR and change the oil to synthetic because it look as if it was not change ever, I never ride the bike with the old oil just started it up, took it out for the first time and having problem when I shift into 1st gear, it sound like the chain is locking up and it buck and stumbling, check the chain and it is not kink or binding. If I shift to any other gears it work fine. I pulled the clutch pack to see if they were worn out but everything look good. I change back to regular oil to see if that was the problem but the same thing is happening, when I change the old oil there was no metal filing in it, also check the oil when I change back to regular oil and no metal filing either. So don't think there is any broken or worn out gears, check around for new clutch kit but they are pretty costly at over $200 and don't want to buy something that is not the problem. I also check the clutch adjustment which engage and disengage with no problem.
Hey guys my name is Jim and I have a 2002
Tl1000r . I bought it wit a slight problem in first gear jumping when I accelerate. So I’d just quickly bump to second and so fourth . All gears run through smooth as can be and my motor runs flawlessly . I’ve already checked and drained oil ( no metal and oil was good ) I’ve checked clutch’s and they were good . I checked the shifter linkage and spring that is notorious of breaking and it was good . So I’m about to pull the trigger on removing motor and my question is after that is do I have to remove everything to get to the gearbox ? Reason being is I though t I saw a video someone posted on being able to check and change shift folks and gears . It also showed All the gears together as he replace shift forks ???? . Please I love this bike and it will be passed down to my son . I’m a very mechanical guy but have never gotten this far into doing this and I would like to educate myself further on this beautiful machine . Thanks for any inputs guys

21 - 21 of 21 Posts