TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there can help? I bought a 98 TLR and change the oil to synthetic because it look as if it was not change ever, I never ride the bike with the old oil just started it up, took it out for the first time and having problem when I shift into 1st gear, it sound like the chain is locking up and it buck and stumbling, check the chain and it is not kink or binding. If I shift to any other gears it work fine. I pulled the clutch pack to see if they were worn out but everything look good. I change back to regular oil to see if that was the problem but the same thing is happening, when I change the old oil there was no metal filing in it, also check the oil when I change back to regular oil and no metal filing either. So don't think there is any broken or worn out gears, check around for new clutch kit but they are pretty costly at over $200 and don't want to buy something that is not the problem. I also check the clutch adjustment which engage and disengage with no problem.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
i dont think it's your clutch.......double check your chain.....make sure it's not got any tight spots....you'll need to lift back wheel off th ground to do this propperly...you may also want to balance youe throttle boddies and check your tps....these can really effect low speed running

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
You're positive that you do NOT get any noise in any other gear? If that's the case, I believe that you already have the answer. Metal filings in the oil or not.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will check all your suggestion out on Tuesday. Possitive no other problem or noise in any other gears. Thanks for the offer Tim. I will be doing a 10k race in BC this weekend, I will be checking the bike out again on Tuesday, hopefully I can get it fix so I can start my mods. Tim I will drop by your work on Tuesday. Thanks all.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Tim, Have a good trip, I was in Kelowna on the thanksgiving weekend doing the BMO marathon. I will drop bye then to catch up with you later bud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts