TLZone Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've tried to get my pressure plate anodized, but the plate will not accept it. guy says it is because the plate must be cast with aluminium mixed with something else which is preventing the process. tried black and blue colours with no success - they just end up grey/brown:puke .

any one know what it is made up of ? :O he said he could try alternative things if he has a clue as to what it is made of.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Don't know whats its made of. I know powdercoat will stick like glue. got a local powdercoating guy? If not I'll do it for ya.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the offer!
there is a local guy - may go and see him. did you mask the spring holes off or just coat them inside too ?

i don't want to put thickness any where i shouldn't!!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes,yes, i know.......................

this is a stop gap until i have cash to spend on MY bike!!! :laugh

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Cast will not anodize, It will always come out gray/black. Anodize parts must be billet. That's from my Local anodize shop where I get all of my work done. I powdercoated mine at a cost of 12.00 USD

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the guy initially said it might not work, but has done some cast items in the past. they must have been more pure or something - i don't know.

Riddick, did you mask off the spring holes ?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
My local Powdercoat shop does all that for me, all I have to do is mark (with a magic marker) what I want left clean and they mask everything off after they bead blast and clean all the parts prior to spraying. They do ALL the prep work, they only ask that I at least clean off any built up grase and oil (yea, like my TLR has grease and oil all over it). They blast everything anyway and wash the parts down with a degreaseing agent to prep for spraying.

Guess I should answer your question, The spring holes were not powdercoated, I thought if they were it would change the spring tention due to build up under the spring when I put her back together.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it would change the spring tention due to build up under the spring when I put her back together.
a bit of increase wouldn't hurt, but i was more concerned with the springs not fitting down the holes anymore!!

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
Do not paint the inside of the spring towers! It would only add .003-.005" and you would never know, there is plenty of room also, but those springs are sharp and move around and you would not want the paint chips floating around looking for a screen or oil jet to clog.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I agree

:stupid
Vandriver is right
besides, I have the Barnett springs installed and don't need any more clutch pressure.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I never taped off the inside of mine. I think I only taped off the backside of the plate. Never had a problem with spring retainers going back in. :O I plan on picking up a billit one too, eventually. Still thinking about that NOS kit you and Billy put on.:devious

1 - 12 of 12 Posts