TLZone Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay my run with the KTM is over for now.

Sold it tonight. I was honest and upfront about everything, I knew about the bike. Dealer told me it needed a motor rebuilt to the tune of $1500.00 so I toss the mother-load in and let it all go for $1500.00

Tomorrow, I'll be at the bank collecting my little hard earn money and dreaming of another bike for next season. Hope the check is good. :eek

I sold the bike, motard wheels, all accessories, all fairing's.

I could not ride it and tired of looking at it getting pissed and frustrated.

I only lost about $2000.00 Let's see on the TL I lost about $3000.00

So my next bike I think I'm going to buy new. One way or another, I end up paying new price anyways.

Then again, maybe I've just too impatient.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
That sucks Del, but at least it's out of your hair for now. Hope all goes well with your next venture.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
they're always printing money somewhere.....

If you CAN buy new, do it!....still have the only bike I bought new...no regrets...

Good luck on the next bike, just get whatever blows your hair back with a smile!

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably would have. Dirt cheap with all the extras. Oh well, this guy may know someone because he did not think twice once I showed it to him. He test rode it, heard it and I toss in the mother load of parts. Extra fairings, all OEM stock equipment, extra sprockets..front and rear. Brand new never mounted front and rear fairing guards. Motard and dirt wheels and rims. I could have got more for it ny parting but well that's a PITA sometimes. I need my sanity.

Check is good. Nice guy, I'm sure I'll see my old bike again one day. For now, it's in it's new home in Northern VA somewhere.

Sort of weird in a way. I just picked it up Friday from the Richmond Dealer. This guy called me out of the blue Sunday evening.

He stated we had talked via email at some point along my frustrated journey. :dunno Possibly spoke to a lot of people when I was trying to sell it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts