TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a lots of mixed messages. Are they worth the money in respect to power gains or changing power curves? Do they need to be coupled with an aftermarket exhaust? A lot of you guys are running them, so what do you think? I love this site. Its great to ask these questions specifically about my bike

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
For me it worked out great in cooperation with my M4 system.
I think the M4's did more for the power than the PCII (+8HP with the pipes, +10 with pipes and PCII) but the PCII did really smoothen out my curve :thumbup

You'll need a good map to start with and some dynotime to get it right though...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have to dyno? Do they have preset maps or are they crappy?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
There are plenty of maps you can download from their site but you probably won't get the real benefit of it without tweaking them to your bike.

I got lucky with my map, I think we only adjusted about 10 settings.
Took the best part of an hour on the dyno to do the before runs, with PCII with downloaded map runs and with tweaked map runs.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I got a huge improvement in response and general running with a well mappped PCII with both stock, bolt on's and full system. I'd rather have the PCII and stock exhaust than a full system and stock mapping for sure!

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...had PCII's on both TL's...got a Yosh box and sold the PCII's (since dyno time in Japan is crazy$$)...sold the Yosh box when I got a great deal on a TEKA box (and it works on ALL Suzuki ECU's (so its already paid for it self:thumbup (I liken it to the ease of the Yosh box with the adjustability of the PC's)...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you get it dynoed and mapped too? Or use an existing map?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's a TEKA?

·
Registered
11,001 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
PC II with Arrow cans - Got the best graph at Steve's dyno day - smoothest lines and curves - theres a post with a pic somewhere!

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Getting a PCII will be one of the best mods you can do. It'll smooth out your power curve and make you bike more rideable as well as releasing a few more horses ... but that it dependant on the amount of mods you've done in total.

A full race system, airbox mod, TRE, iridiums etc and good dyno session saw my PCII gain 6hp.

:thumbup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts