TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a gutted airbox , standard headers and racing cans. I think I've got the o2 map set on the commander.What settings suit this set-up ie:0-,+5,-0 any clues guy's?:O :confused

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Isn't there a custom map for bolt ons and airbox mod? :O

·
14,150 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a pc11 gixxer,The mechanic has made a mess of it and I can't remember the settings I had

·
14,150 Posts
Zero that bastard out, then try some of the maps. You should feel the diffrence. I ran the 005 map for a while. Then while doing some work I ran the zero map (stock) into it. Forgot about it and when I rode my bike the next day it felt like the balls had been removed from my bike. I remembered loading the zero map and promptly went home to put the 005 map back in.

Play around with it, try different maps, see which one feels best, then fine tune it with the buttons. That's the fun of having a PC, it's so easy to make setting changes. But don't do anything at first till you zero the buttons.

Best option though, take it in for a custom map. That'll get you all the power you can from the bikes current configuration. I never have done this cuz I'm always tinkering and keep saying I'll get a custom map after this mod...then I have something else planned.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:devious I here you there gixxer,Thanx for the help and guideance I'll do just that.:devious Right now actually:laugh

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
brinks_2 said:
I've got a gutted airbox , standard headers and racing cans. I think I've got the o2 map set on the commander.What settings suit this set-up ie:0-,+5,-0 any clues guy's?:O :confused

...sounds like you had a Yosh box used on your TL already?

If so, zero the TL out and then try with the PCII otherwise it won't run right with any map...

·
14,150 Posts
:stupid I didn't pick up on that, thought those were your settings on the LED's for low mid and high on the PC, but yes, if the ecu has been flashed with a yosh box then you need to get it flashed back to 0 0 0 before screwing around with the power commander.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Set it back on zero,then juiced the mid and zeroed low and high.Damn thing idles good now ,real goooood:hail :hail Now about that rear exhaust gasket,is it meant to sit up around the welded ring at the rear pipe to seat the gasket?:confused

1 - 9 of 9 Posts