TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody run the power race in medium comp in a 190-55. Can get a set for a little under 300 bucks new. Any cheaper places out there.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I ran the power race on track (but it was the 190/50 medium). It's OK if you have tyre warmers.

Forget it for street. In my opinion this tyre is horrible when cold.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
608 Posts
go to tireexpress.com and get the conti attack. i like and got it shipped ot hawaii for 264 usd very sticky

·
Registered
601 Posts
conti attack aren't in stock in 190/55 yet. you want to call them before you order otherwise you might be waiting for awhile.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I have a set of Michelin Power Race on a set of my track wheels right now. Got them in a medium/soft but they are a standard 120/70 & 180/55. Ran them on my TLS with the 5.5" rear wheel at the Cali Speedway & at Miller M/S Park in Utah back in June. It was on a drying track, that was mostly dry & it was in the mid 80's out. Felt good to me but it was my first few sessions out on a new racetrack so I wasn't pushing super hard. They felt great on my home track at the California Speedway - a place where you are always searching for grip as the track surface is smooth & the infield turns have no banking what-so-ever. I'd go for them & the price sounds very good as even with my "racer's discount" I can't get them for that much Mark.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, will go ahead and get them, When you want to sell your GSXR let me know.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
The GSXR1000 has been relegated to track day use. Not learning anything new on the TLS these days & to ride it really fast I have to manhandle it & ride it on the ragged edge. The GSXR is much easier to ride fast & I'm working on riding it smoothly out there.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
@Mr Dobalina: Congrats if you could drive them on a partially wet track. I found the Power race was really undriveable in intermediate conditions. I almost crashed in the paddock :coocoo

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It dosen't rain in so cal, if I does I stay inside and drink, smoke weed and play Joint Ops or FEAR.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yeah,
Rufer, rain is usually not an issue out here. We get no measurable rainfall from early May to November. Usually the rain we get in April is all in one or two storms & it all falls within a few days. The rain was at Miller M/S Park in very late Spring when temps were warm enough that the downpours we got dried up pretty quickly. So it wasn't your typical "rain" day most people are used to. By the time I got out there there was just some residual moisture off the racing line. Since I was learning the track I was on that off line at times. But I wasn't pushing all that hard (yeah, that is all relative) & the Michelins are known to take a little longer to get up to temperature. That's maybe why Michelin guy Dale Kieffer recommended I go with a medium soft even though it was almost Summer. I protested a bit but he thought given the tracks we ride most often (Cali Speedway - AMA configuration) it would work fine. So far so good IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts