TLZone Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Six5. I purchased one of these and now need to learn how to use it. Do you have one and if so, do you have any instructions that you can throw my way? I putting this out for everyone BTW. So you have one and are a whiz, please share with us.

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,508 Posts
Ricky, no, I don't have one of those probes. However, I did watch their online advertisement video, and it looks like a handy gadget. The built-in pulse detector would be helpful.
So then, I'll be looking forward to your full review. :)

Seriously, if you're trying to measure something with it and it is not making sense, feel free to give me a shout, and I'll try to help........or I might even learn something. (y)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tony! I got it because I am trying to figure out an LED issue with my truck. I put LED tail light/brake light combo on it a while back. I had no issues. I put LED front turn signals on it and have had nothing but issues. I used the correct LED compatible hazard and flasher relay (there's one for each in my fuse panel). With the ignition on, the flashers work correctly. However, when I start the truck and it's running, the flasher blink at a high rate and at an irregular pattern. I can't figure it out and it's driving me bananas!!!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Quite likely the higher idle voltage with the truck running is upsetting the flasher relays. Depending on your battery you will have around 12.7V with just the ignition on then probably 13.5-14V with the alternator in play. Easy way to verify is to turn the headlights and all the other electrics on to cause a slight voltage drop and see if the flashers calm down at all.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I will try that later today and see what happens. I used the relays the wiring company, American Autowire, recommended.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts