Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Tiller Dyno tuned @ 122rwhp @ 71 ft/lb:doh

* Full yoshi rs3 system
* Airbox mod
* K&N air filter
* TRE
* Brisk plugs
* 520 chain & lightweight Vortex spockets

I was hoping for at least 125rwhp & 80 ft/lb.To tell you the truth I am a bit disapointed:(
Mainly because my 26 year old Katana went on the dyno straight after The Tiller & the old girl put out 113rwhp @ 77 ft/lb

I thought the Tiller was surpposed to be known for being torquey.:confused Well there's that myth busted.:dowhat
Does anyone else have the same or different results with these mods? I would be very interest to see what everyone else is getting out the back wheel.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...the hp sounds about right but the torque seems a few low...never dyno'd my TL - its f'ing expensive here in Japan and they want to keep your bike for a week to do it "properly"...

The TL is more of a linear power/torque curve...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm mostly Pissed because those mods cost big $$$ for such little gains.:O

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...don't worry too much about the numbers, just get the curves smooth... did you do a before mod (aka stock) run?

If not, then you don't know how big the gains actually were for your bike...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh ! I regret not doing a before mod run.I love my Tiller but comeon man this is surpose to be a superbike!

I'd like to see post's up of results that others are getting out.

COME ON GUYS DON"T BE SHY!???

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
122 for a completley stock motor? And before it was probably 110? The TRE, Brisk, 520, have little or no effect on full-throttle dyno numbers. Don't complain. Was that the torque peak, or the torque at the HP peak? Can you post the graphs? Did you at least re-map with a Yosh box to make the most of the airbox and exhaust mods?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No remap with yoshi box just adjusted the pc3 to suit the mods.I'm getting the feeling..... I took it to the wrong place.
Please any advice?

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I got my Tiller Dyno tuned @ 122rwhp @ 71 ft/lb:doh

* Full yoshi rs3 system
* Airbox mod
* K&N air filter
* TRE
* Brisk plugs
* 520 chain & lightweight Vortex spockets

I was hoping for at least 125rwhp & 80 ft/lb.To tell you the truth I am a bit disapointed:(
Mainly because my 26 year old Katana went on the dyno straight after The Tiller & the old girl put out 113rwhp @ 77 ft/lb

I thought the Tiller was surpposed to be known for being torquey.:confused Well there's that myth busted.:dowhat
Does anyone else have the same or different results with these mods? I would be very interest to see what everyone else is getting out the back wheel.
122rwhp is quite good actually. Despite the torque being on the lowish side, are the curves smooth? Was it a downloadable map being dynoed, or did you actually have it custom tuned to your TLR with good fuel? Take it somewhere else, but get another filter first. :thumbup

Ditch the shit K&N and you might get something decent. The K&N may breathe more than stock, but it has a smaller surface area, so the overall "flow" is not that great. Get yourself a BMC filter.

First dyno run my TLR put out 123.8rwhp (2 years ago?) with a spanking new stock filter and custom exhaust system etc. Second tune session (12 months ago roughly) it put out 125.3rwhp with BMC filter and full Yosh race system. And the power is smooth as. Lushies in SA is a magician with numbers. :thumbup

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey jace where did you get it dyno'd?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
K&N filters are shit:confused Didnt know that one...
What even for the TLS? Lucky i was just about to order one next week.

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
NSE.ONE for the TLR the K&N filter surface area is visibly smaller than stock or any other filter. This is not the case for the TLS since it uses a completely different filter.

BTW, my TLS dyno'd 114 and my TLR 120 (run on the same day). Also on this day a Ducati S4R ran a 112.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
I tried back to back:

Old OEM filter
New OEM filter
No Filter

Big difference between old and new, no difference between new and none. A new OEM filter will let as much air as a TLS needs through.

(The thing that worrys me about "high flow" filters, air or oil - is how much sacrifice on particle size do they give away. Can't get something for nothing, more flow would have to = less filtration. :dowhat It's easy to rip an oem filter apart and measure the surface area of the paper, but who's going to do it with a reusable aftermarket filter? I doubt they could get more surface area than OEM, the pleats would be too close together :dunno)

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey jace where did you get it dyno'd?
Harly did it @ RB's ,& yes I used hi octane fuel.
I'm going down to see him again 2morrow 2 make some sense of this. :confused The hp might be right but I dont think the torque is. :dowhat

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
122rwhp is quite good actually. Despite the torque being on the lowish side, are the curves smooth? Was it a downloadable map being dynoed, or did you actually have it custom tuned to your TLR with good fuel? Take it somewhere else, but get another filter first. :thumbup

Ditch the shit K&N and you might get something decent. The K&N may breathe more than stock, but it has a smaller surface area, so the overall "flow" is not that great. Get yourself a BMC filter.

First dyno run my TLR put out 123.8rwhp (2 years ago?) with a spanking new stock filter and custom exhaust system etc. Second tune session (12 months ago roughly) it put out 125.3rwhp with BMC filter and full Yosh race system. And the power is smooth as. Lushies in SA is a magician with numbers. :thumbup
I down loaded the map,put it on the dyno & as far as I know he made the final adjustments on the dyno.I always use high octane fuel.What sought of torque is every one else getting? :O

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Those numbers are great and totally in the ball park for a TLR with your mods. Remember dyno's can vary quite a lot from machine to machine - all that really matters is the shape of the curve and before/after numbers. Absolute numbers are pretty meaningless.

have fun

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those numbers are great and totally in the ball park for a TLR with your mods. Remember dyno's can vary quite a lot from machine to machine - all that really matters is the shape of the curve and before/after numbers. Absolute numbers are pretty meaningless.

have fun
Thanks for your reply.Do have any idia of what gains I actually made with those mods?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
NSE.ONE for the TLR the K&N filter surface area is visibly smaller than stock or any other filter. This is not the case for the TLS since it uses a completely different filter.
:thumbup Thanks for clearing that up Burn

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Thanks for your reply.Do have any idia of what gains I actually made with those mods?
I would guess 3 or 4...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Harly did it @ RB's ,& yes I used hi octane fuel.
I'm going down to see him again 2morrow 2 make some sense of this. :confused The hp might be right but I dont think the torque is. :dowhat
RB's

Where is that?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A few interesting things happened to me overnight.
I was out on a group ride last night & as always on these weekly rides I happen to meet another guy on a Tiller,that was also bragging about how his tiller puts out 127bhp only with a yoshi system.
Initially I tried to reframe myself from laughing in his face,but when he mentioned that he got it dyno'd at RB's,the same place that I did mine with a mechanic that I know well.:mad
That was it I put him on the spot and told him no way dude you are full of it :jack & I will prove it 2morrow when I go back to RB's & get him to show me his dyno chart listed in his records.
Well I went To RB's first thing this morning,he explained alot to me ???
He actually showed me 11 dyno charts & they varied from 114bhp to 123.2 bhp.And yeh that tosser from last night was full of it,his put out 120bhp.I will let him know next time I see him!

So Ladies & Gentleman if anyone with a tiller tell's you they are getting over approx 124bhp with those mods,They are lying to you.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts