TLZone Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all

First let me wish you all a very Happy New Year :)

I need some advice on power commander for my 1999 TLS. I have a full Ackro sys. Can anyone advice me, if PC is a must for my bike to get the best performace or can I jut take it to Dyno and set it up to Factory standards.

If I go for a PC, I am looking at £300 - £350 to get the whole thing set up. Is it worth spending that kind of money.

Can have some advice please

Thank you
H:)

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
added a PC to mone and it sorted it out no end.. made it a much smoother ride (my TLS that is by the way) if you can fine a dyno place that has a yosh box they can remap it for you that way and will prob work out cheaper.. i know Carbontec out my way has the yosh box and dyno to do this....

i dont think you HAVE to add either of these to run a full system but it will really smooth the bike out if you do... :thumbup

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
:stupid
Power Commander if you want to fiddle about and make different adjustments, but if you want to set the bike's fuelling/economy/power etc to optimum and keep it at that setting then I would go for a Yoshi Box set up. The tuner where you take it to be dynoed should have one and will set it up for you as part of the cost of the dynoing (that's what I found anyway).

·
Registered
795 Posts
if you can take you're bike to Dynojet (near preston) you might get a discounted PC3 and free fitting and setup.
http://www.dynojet.co.uk/
That's what I did.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
A remap can make a huge difference on how the bike runs and allow it to take advantage of the exhaust system. Chances are, without a remap it will run better with the stock system.

A PCII or III will give you the most precise ability to adjust the fueling, a yosh bikes is much more crude but simple and probably less expensive (it just re-flashes the ECU) and there's also the Teka fuel injection box - dunno much about it. Whatever the case, a re-map is well worth it pic your favorite flavor:D

G

·
if you're coming over here again, i could remap your bike for free H. :) (i've got a yosh box clone)

i've done this with a buddy's TLS a few weeks ago, and it sorted it out perfectly! :hail

cheers mate,
Jan

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
:stupid If U get your ass to sweden U can use my makbox (yoshbox clone) and if U bring W he can do the work :)

It would run lean without any mapping beeing done

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Oh by the way happy new year to U to TC :cheers

·
Premium Member
6,916 Posts
Personally I would go for the PC11 route.

Thats what I have on my '97 TLS and it does make a significate difference.

My brother Geff (tek4gb) has one on his TLS too.

He runs viper cans I think, I have Arrows.

Our workshop is in Welham Green near Hatfield on the A1 and he can supply, fit and set it up for you if you want?

Give him a call -- 01707 265000 -- website is www.tekmotive.co.uk

'Cos it is so easy to manipulate with the computer you can try different set ups to find one you prefer..

Once fitted and initially set up its only a minute or two to adjust then you can pop out for a run to see how you like it then pop back to adjust what you need too.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I've used both yosh box and pcII. Much prefer the pcII. your results may vary.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Personally I would go for the PC11 route.

Thats what I have on my '97 TLS and it does make a significate difference.

My brother Geff (tek4gb) has one on his TLS too.

He runs viper cans I think, I have Arrows.

Our workshop is in Welham Green near Hatfield on the A1 and he can supply, fit and set it up for you if you want?

Give him a call -- 01707 265000 -- website is www.tekmotive.co.uk

'Cos it is so easy to manipulate with the computer you can try different set ups to find one you prefer..

Once fitted and initially set up its only a minute or two to adjust then you can pop out for a run to see how you like it then pop back to adjust what you need too.
Sounds like a good Idead. Topcat is in Harrow - North west London.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you very much for the advice Gents :)

My bike will be coming out of the garage end of this month. So let me see what the damage on my finances. I guess the better option would be a PCIII. I will be posting a big thread with pix and the everyone who helped me sort my bike out with the help of Pappa.

Wreckah - Dont worry, I am coming to do the same track but this time I shall keep the rubber side down. Damn it really hurt the last time. sore ass, sore ankle, the whole works.

Yo Pappa, you should get your bike sorted soon, the poor thing is rotting away in my gararge. Your bike looks very tempting - you know parts:devious

Once again, thank you all for your help.

Kind regards
H:)

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
H,

I have the clone box (well another close by member currently has it on loan).... so if you needed a yosh stylee freebie set up - I can do it for ya!

Only problem is the faff around without the rolling road.

Your choice..... free set up or ££££££££££'s :O

:thumbup

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pappa - You know very well what happnened in Belgium. You should have been on the back of my bike:devious

Cikko - Cool, I will bring it around and lets have a go at it and while we are at it, you can advice me on the Bitubo set up:)

The bike is coming out very nice. I was at the garage yesterday and the high level system looks real cool. Paint job would be finished by end of this month. I cant wait.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts