TLZone Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking at getting a power commander v , (dynojet sku#20 055) for my TLR.I have Yoshi RS3 and air box mod.
Has anyone had any good or bad results.?
Seems alot of people using the comander 2 and 3. The new one I was told has an auto-tune feature which is a good idea, but I'd like to hear from someone how is using the commander v.
Cheers

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,411 Posts
There are some using the PC-V on their TLs (with good results), but rarely do they post on these forums. It seems most of them are on the Facebook groups these days.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
There are some using the PC-V on their TLs (with good results), but rarely do they post on these forums. It seems most of them are on the Facebook groups these days.....
I hate FB groups, I miss the good ol days when forums were a hive of activity. To many idiots with no clue in FB groups, Forum MODS seem a lot tougher on crap/

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was advised to switch to the PCV because its more stable and still supported by Dynojet. Working great on my bike. The canned tune isn't bad, but I have a built motor so left a lot on the table compared to a custom map.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just changed from a PC2 to a PCV on mine ( suggested by the tuner) RS3 and pipercross filter . it came from dynojet with tune in it
fuel trims were good HP 110.33 torque 67.69 Spun a rod bearing three days later lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
My bike came with the PC3, while trying to update it I bricked it, PC gave me half off a PC5 with trade in of the PC3, took the bait and it seems smoother. also from what I was hearing most shops don't want to deal with the older ones as they aren't as tuner friendly as the new PC5. No regrets either way.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My bike came with the PC3, while trying to update it I bricked it, PC gave me half off a PC5 with trade in of the PC3, took the bait and it seems smoother. also from what I was hearing most shops don't want to deal with the older ones as they aren't as tuner friendly as the new PC5. No regrets either way.
Thanks for the info. Are you using the PC5 by itself, or with an auto tune single channel or a Power Vision to optimize your A/F ratio?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info. Are you using the PC5 by itself, or with an auto tune single channel or a Power Vision to optimize your A/F ratio?
as far as i know there are no extra plug ins available for the TLR.. i just plugged it in, added the yoshi pre configured map and off i went. it's plenty of power and smoothed out the throttle response. my previous problem that made me want it was because of the jerk at low speed when i gave it throttle. already had the airbox mod and still didn't like it.

planning to get it dyno tuned later this year with custom fuel map after I get front shocks redone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a PC2 on mine , I took it to a dyno tuner , he also said that dyno jet would send me a PCV with a map preloaded
I have full RS3 exhaust and a pippercross air filter, with the map in it it made 110HP and 67ftlbs torque, room for inprovement.
but then it spun a rod bearing shortly after.. swapped out the motor, but haven't been back on the dyno yet.
I would like to add a auto tuner if possible, sent Dynojet a email, waiting now

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had a PC2 on mine , I took it to a dyno tuner , he also said that dyno jet would send me a PCV with a map preloaded
I have full RS3 exhaust and a pippercross air filter, with the map in it it made 110HP and 67ftlbs torque, room for inprovement.
but then it spun a rod bearing shortly after.. swapped out the motor, but haven't been back on the dyno yet.
I would like to add a auto tuner if possible, sent Dynojet a email, waiting now
I've talked to a local dyno tuner that has yoshi supported equipment. He wants to dyno my bike and thinks he can adjust my ecu with out adding a power commander. I have ps3 cans, air box mod, k/n filter, TRE, and 1/5th throttle (I want to go back to 1/4) .It has 17/41 cogs, It is very touchy in lower gears. I too want to smooth the power but keep it strong in derlivery. Next week I'll get the bike on the dyno and we'll see what the results are.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
as far as i know there are no extra plug ins available for the TLR.. i just plugged it in, added the yoshi pre configured map and off i went. it's plenty of power and smoothed out the throttle response. my previous problem that made me want it was because of the jerk at low speed when i gave it throttle. already had the airbox mod and still didn't like it.

planning to get it dyno tuned later this year with custom fuel map after I get front shocks redone.
Re- no plug-ins. One the top side of your 20-055 PCV don't you have 2 expansion ports. One for POD-300 and the other for Auto-tune kit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts