TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Anybody has cable pin layouts for PCI - first power commander produced by dynojet? Buying one is impossible and dynojet don't want to help nor sell one... I've got one with my bike year ago..In port is 6PIN telophone-like plug. Part that goes to the computer should be regular 9PIN COM (same as to the PCII) Maybe anybody has PCII cable pin layout to help me start working on that one?
:O

till now I've found this:
http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=D2-DSCBL
Looks like it's old website...and it's said there PC Programing cable...hmm...but is that PC stands for Power Comander... :O

also found this scheme...will start from this one...and let you know! I think many of you still have somewhere in the closets that old PCs ;)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Witam Przemek,

Nie moge Ci pomoc z PC I ale bys byl bardzo zadowolony z PC3, USB.
Bardzo dokladny i latwiejszy do programowania.

Pozdrow Polske ode mnie.:cheers

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
The PCII pin configuration you can find on this page. this is on a 9 pin serial connector, seems like it's the same as the PC1
You can get a USB to Serial adapter, but not all of those work with the Power Commander. I used a Belkin F5U409 after trying another one that didn't work.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,857 Posts
The PC1 does use an RJ socket, but I have not seen the pin configuration.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Evl tvn - pozdrowię ojczyznę hehe ;)

Thx TLRChris! I've read Steves pages already but missed that pins configuration... :) Today I'm gonna try to make that cable for this old PCI - I will try Steve option first and if that doesnt work - I will try one that I've posted here above... If I work it out - some posts from even as far as 2003 could be solved...

COMs have for sure common thing - ground on pin 5 :) If so... it's only 5! (1x2x3x4x5=120 options) how to connect pins :D Less than 2 hours of trying.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
computer pin 2 and 3 RXD and TXD is standard comm port configuration, for some applications you connect pin 7 and 8 and for some you don't have to, really depends.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Electically, for a PC1, you need an RS-232 to differential balanced RS-422 adapter. Mechanically a PC-1 came with a DB to RJ adapter, and an RJ to RJ cable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts