TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at prices to do the spare set of wheels I have in black. First offer is $125.00 per wheel including prep work. Is this normal? Seems stiff to me, but the work they do is exceptional, is this sort of a I got a good name mark up.

Thanks for the opinions.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Not really much help, but £35 - 45 per wheel is the norm over here for simple/common colours ($70 - 90) :)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Yeah seems pricey
I got quoted $100Aus a rim, but ended up spraying them instead.

·
Registered
155 Posts
All prices in Aussie $$$

Powder coating and blasting
$50 set of rims inc blasting
$100 frame and swingarm inc blasting
$45 box of bit's (rearsets leavers, sball brackets, triple clamp, heal guards, + about 5-6 other misc parts

Chroming and pollishing
$185 top clamp, front and rear axle's, inc nuts & blocks, singarm mounting points, bolts & screws ($1ea) rear spocket,

I've basically chromed and powder coated the whole bike :)

All work as done by local guys near the airport :)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
All prices in Aussie $$$

Powder coating and blasting
$50 set of rims inc blasting
$100 frame and swingarm inc blasting
$45 box of bit's (rearsets leavers, sball brackets, triple clamp, heal guards, + about 5-6 other misc parts

Chroming and pollishing
$185 top clamp, front and rear axle's, inc nuts & blocks, singarm mounting points, bolts & screws ($1ea) rear spocket,

I've basically chromed and powder coated the whole bike :)

All work as done by local guys near the airport :)
No hijack Doug,
But superlight what state you in they seem like good prices you might have to put me onto this guy:)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Melb :)

T & C Powder CoatingPowder Coating Services

Address
22a Victory Rd
Airport West
VIC, 3042
Australia

Contact Details

Ph (03) 9338 6631
:thumbup Cheers mate

·
Registered
926 Posts
My "local" place charged me $85 per wheel to sandblast and powdercoat flat black. Including the sproket cush drive thingy. This was after I knocked all the wheel bearings out. They would of charged me for that.
Make sure they know enuff to mask off all the proper spots. :coocoo Like were the rotors attach and such.
The place I went to is called Powdertech. They are a little pricy but the finish was flawless and I never had to grind off any powdercoat anywhere on reasembly. Thats what makes the differnce to me.

D

·
0 Posts
I paid $125 otd for semi gloss black for both rims and the cush. All prepwork was included in that price except wheel bearing removal. The rims did not have the tires on or rotors attached. Don't feel bound to powdercoaters who do motorcycle parts only (they were usually in the $300 range). The powdercoater I used did industrial machine parts as their primary source of business. I talked with them and they were knowledgable about what needed taped and what did/didn't need sandblasting. If you talk to them you can get a feel for what kind of job they will do. Of course, I might have just gotten lucky. The only limitation that I saw was their lack of colors but that didn't matter too much since all I wanted was black. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
The powdercoat shop I use charges $200 for a set of wheels to prep and powder in base colors. $25 more for custom colors. I have to pull the bearings as he doesn't do that.

--Sk

·
Registered
301 Posts
Those prices seem kind of steep. I had my wheels coated by High Performance Coatings in satin black for $85 for the set. I knocked my own bearings out.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Industrial place in Anaheim quoted me $90 for one wheel or $120 for two same color. That was a few years ago.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
In the L.A. basin there are dozens of shops that do this stuff these days. Going rate is $60 to $65 per wheel & you hand it to them with the bearings removed & you show them where you want the bearing surfaces taped up. They use a special tape & used to tear off the tape I used so I stopped prepping them like that years ago. I first used a masking tape then when they ripped that stuff off & used another type I tried using duct tape instead. They ripped that stuff off as well so I gave up.

The only variable affecting this rate at the shop I now use is if you want a custom or trick color. I was contemplating having my EBC rotor carriers done up in a gold color early this year. The shop wanted their usual "minimum" lot fee of $50 to do either 2 carriers or all 4 I had in a semi gloss black. When I found a cool gold powdercoat color that didn't look too cheesy in a brochure they had I was told that was a special /custom powdercoat color and the cost was going to be $100. So I opted for the black...

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
I do powder coating $75 per wheel.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Extender you are the man, thanks for the offer sir.:hail

1 - 20 of 25 Posts