TLZone Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My god I forgot about this bike.

I've been riding the pizz outta my vstrom the past 4 months (7K miles) and finally got the TL out last night to just run to town in over 2 months.

Only other stuff I've been riding is my track bike (gixxer) and my tiny bike (mb5 [50cc] :laugh )

First time I hopped on it last night I was thinking, frack, this thing is tiny. Then I goosed it like I would the strom. Then I was left looking towards the sky thinking, FRACK, This thing's got 50 more hp and about 100lbs less weight.

Ahhh good times. :)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Pull a plug out of it, fit high rise bars, you'll be right! :thumbup

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pull a plug out of it, fit high rise bars, you'll be right! :thumbup

I don't know how I'm suposed to take that comment. I'm younger than you. But I ride an "old mans bike". I'm unhappy with the track bike and want something "slower" [motard].

Perhaps I'm just a 'tard.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
You're getting smarter too, tick, tick and tick 100% correct.

Younger.
Old man's bike.
Tard.

:thumbup

(Maybe the Tard will be slower on the track, but quicker around it? :dowhat)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I don't know how I'm suposed to take that comment. I'm younger than you. But I ride an "old mans bike". I'm unhappy with the track bike and want something "slower" [motard].

Perhaps I'm just a 'tard.
I think it's a maturity thing...after 30+ years of riding bikes and assuming "the position" I've found myself yearning more for the old dirt bike position too.:coocoo
I went to the International Motorcycle show a weekend ago, and suprised myself by walking straight past the new Gix1K and over to the DRZ's to drool. I must be losing it.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're getting smarter too, tick, tick and tick 100% correct.

Younger.
Old man's bike.
Tard.

:thumbup

(Maybe the Tard will be slower on the track, but quicker around it? :dowhat)

Exactly.

I think I'd enjoy a tard simply because I don't like to peg out a bike on the top end. However, I'd have no problem topping out a bike at 120mph and holding it to that going into a turn!

(Not to mention that they crash better) :laugh

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
My bro'-in-law spent a liftime on Blades, Dukes and R1's but now has a KTM 950 SM and loves it!! Like me, busted himself up over the years racing Motocross and now all the old injuries are catching up with us both :laugh

So yeah, a 'Tard is kinder on the back for sure and if I could afford one then Hell yeah!! Gimme gimme gimme :)

or an Aprilia Factory Tuono :drool

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
How ya liking the strom. I'm going back on the street this spring and am trying to decide between a strom or a tard.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How ya liking the strom. I'm going back on the street this spring and am trying to decide between a strom or a tard.

I love it! Been averaging 2K miles a month on it. What exactly are you wanting to do with a street bike? Commute and have a nice all-arounder, or something just for fun?

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Hmm. Pull the TL motor and put it in the 'Strom. :devious

My favorite part of the new FZ-1 in my garage is the handlebars. Once rotated to taste, they are simply perfection. I rode it 3 hours recently and it occurred to me that I did not think about the riding position the whole time. That is a good thing :) I may eventually elect to replace them with some Rizoma risers and Renthal Fatbars because the stock pieces are admittedly kind of gay looking, but the bend will be very much the same.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've rode 22hrs straight on the strom (1146 miles). I've got ATV bars on mine.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Jasen, c'mon up for a ride! I may be heading down your way soon. I'll be sure to bring the strom this time! How big is your garage again???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts