TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
108-1, after 26 overs, ok its early days and Poms are the masters of plucking defeat from the jaws of victory ...:) Been in Oz 20 years but still want the Poms to win (only in cricket) :devious

Sorry to North American and Euro Zoners, this thread might not make sense

·
Moderator,
8,234 Posts
The fact that it makes complete sense shows I've been here way too long.:banghead:lol

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
I don't get it... :O

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't get it... :O
Cricket explained: You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
In America....Cricket:

·
Moderator,
8,234 Posts
Where's here?
On the Zone. Not only do I know what he's talking about, I can even understand all the words you folks claim are English. :laugh

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Stupid game, it just gets going then you have to swap ends and how the hell do you get a draw, where's the penalties :O

Not to mention all the injuries, christ they're not exactly doing much are they :coocoo

·
Moderator,
8,234 Posts
Cricket explained: You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.
All a bit of of a sticky wicket, eh?:laugh

·
Registered
643 Posts
mate i've been here nearly thirty years and i'm about as aussie as you get now....
apart from the slight pommy accent when i've been on the cans....LOL

like ya say the poms are past masters at plucking defeat from the jaws of victory... so i'm not overly worried about the first morning but the state of the pitch after 20 odd overs is woeful.....:rant

oh and to all the american and euopean people...this is a religion to some of us....:hail strange as it may seem.... :laugh

·
Registered
2,920 Posts

:laugh

Thats about the most entertainment I ever had when the game of cricket has been mentioned Martin .:)
Nothing like having a game that goes for 5 days and it be a no result :coocoo .Something that does make me laugh though is the trophy "The Ashes" ( A little old clay egg cup ) .

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
No idea what they were saying but the guys on the radio painted a pretty dark picture of our spectacular demise since lunch, sounds about right for us Brits :laugh

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
I have two colleagues from Pakistan who are fully into this grasshopper game. When they start talking about those five day matches, I stop listening. :laugh

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Cricket is as boring as bat shit.... BUT we can't lose to the Poms :banghead I was hoping for another 5-0 series win like last time round but that went out the window..

But it was interesting to find out that after the Brits beat us at Lords.... It was the first time in 75 years that the Aussies have lost at the "spiritual" home of cricket.... 75 YEARS!!!!!! Now thats a record :laugh

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:banana:banana:banana

·
Registered
534 Posts
we can't lose to the Poms :banghead

But it was interesting to find out that after the Brits beat us at Lords.... It was the first time in 75 years that the Aussies have lost at the "spiritual" home of cricket.... 75 YEARS!!!!!! Now thats a record :laugh
Get used to it:laugh cos it won't be another 75 years till the next time :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
gutted...... :bawling:bawling:bawling

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Get used to it:laugh cos it won't be another 75 years till the next time :)
Personally i don't care :laugh I have no interest in cricket what so ever

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
oh no.......... :bawling

those selectors need to get the arse, some players need the arse...

fancy not having brad hodge in and continually playing hussey. better to have his brother in. hilditch, your an idiot...

fancy not going in with a spinner...

dickheads....

they wont even give us the URN when we do win and we get a bloody copy even though it was bloody made here in sunbury....fkn poms..

martin ..you stink!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts